Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > another orcon problem - sending e-mail

another orcon problem - sending e-mail

gimp

at my work several of our staff can only receive e-mails from orcon, but
not send, just times-out and says host unreachable. we've got the same
settings as other users on our domain and tried both outlook and
thunderbird, but no success... weird that it works for some people
though... occasionally in the past i've been able to send (it takes
about 20-30 tries before it goes through), but now i can't do it at all.

orcon don't know what's going on, is it likely to be their end our
ours...? i've tried disabling NAV to see if that was it but no effect...

-=rjh=-

gimp wrote:
> at my work several of our staff can only receive e-mails from orcon, but
> not send, just times-out and says host unreachable. we've got the same
> settings as other users on our domain and tried both outlook and
> thunderbird, but no success... weird that it works for some people
> though... occasionally in the past i've been able to send (it takes
> about 20-30 tries before it goes through), but now i can't do it at all.
>
> orcon don't know what's going on, is it likely to be their end our
> ours...? i've tried disabling NAV to see if that was it but no effect...

Tried using smtp2.orcon.net.nz?

Worked for me when I had the same problem but intermitent problem (and
the same response from Orcon, BTW).

Richard

gimp wrote:
> at my work several of our staff can only receive e-mails from orcon, but
> not send, just times-out and says host unreachable. we've got the same
> settings as other users on our domain and tried both outlook and
> thunderbird, but no success... weird that it works for some people
> though... occasionally in the past i've been able to send (it takes
> about 20-30 tries before it goes through), but now i can't do it at all.
>
> orcon don't know what's going on, is it likely to be their end our
> ours...? i've tried disabling NAV to see if that was it but no effect...

From my previous experiance, if norton is involved, then it is the
source of any emailing difficultys.