Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WXPpro problem with Media Monkey

WXPpro problem with Media Monkey

Donchano

OS: WXPpro

I downloaded and installed Media Monkey v2.5.4 a couple of weeks ago
and have used it several times with no problems. And I haven't used it
since I downloaded and installed the latest MS security update for
WMP. But when I've attempted to open Media Monkey today (the first
time since installing the security update) it caused the system to
crash with the following error message.

BTW - I have done a complete uninstall of Media Monkey and tried a
clean re-install. Same problem.

This is the error message I get before I have to shut down Windows and
restart:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart
your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is
identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the
manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS
memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe
Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8
to select Advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

STOP: 0x0000008E (Ox00000005,OXB54EB703,OXB39FDC70,OX04004004)
** windrvNT.sys - Address B54EB703 base at B54EA000, DateStamp
409f405c

Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for
further assistance.

dilberts_left_nut

"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OS: WXPpro
>
> I downloaded and installed Media Monkey v2.5.4 a couple of weeks ago
> and have used it several times with no problems. And I haven't used it
> since I downloaded and installed the latest MS security update for
> WMP. But when I've attempted to open Media Monkey today (the first
> time since installing the security update) it caused the system to
> crash with the following error message.
>
> BTW - I have done a complete uninstall of Media Monkey and tried a
> clean re-install. Same problem.

Have you tried a complete uninstall of the update (or better yet WMP)?