Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Do you realy Need HD TV..?

Do you realy Need HD TV..?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

....or how about yet another high-definition disc format: HD VMD
<http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35029>?

Based on good old DVD-style, cheap red laser technology, instead of those
expensive blue lasers in HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. That's probably a big reason
why they can offer players at a starting price of--wait for it--£95. Which
is pocket change compared to current players for the other formats. Also no
copy protection.

But on the other hand, no support from Hollywood. Could still take off in
Asian markets, though...