Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Does VISTA Phone home every day..?

Does VISTA Phone home every day..?

Jack Hammond

Invisible

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 15:42:24 +1300, Jack Hammond <jm@yah***.com wrote:

>http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1838/

"I can think of a number of scenarios where Iím unable to register my
legitimately bought copy of Windows. Just suppose I was late with registering my
newly bought copy because I misplaced the box with the product key, I know it is
rather foolish, but it happens. "

Heh, can you even *install* it without the friggen key?

Phil

Jack Hammond wrote, On 7/10/06 3.42 p:

> http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1838/

Where does this mention Vista phoning home every day?

"Yet after 30-days the carpet is pulled from under Windows Vistaís
security features and Iím exposed to the netís virtual thugs and
villains thatíll potentially wreck havoc to my files, gain access to
personal information such as bank account details or credit card info, etc."

This is completely wrong as well -- the firewall isn't disabled, you're
still allowed to download critical updates, critical spyware and other
malware are still detected and removed, and any 3rd-party software that
does the same still functions.

-Phil

Jack Hammond

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 23:04:59 +1300, Phil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jack Hammond wrote, On 7/10/06 3.42 p:
>>
>> http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1838/

>Where does this mention Vista phoning home every day?
>
>"Yet after 30-days the carpet is pulled from under Windows Vistaís
>security features and Iím exposed to the netís virtual thugs and
>villains thatíll potentially wreck havoc to my files, gain access to
>personal information such as bank account details or credit card info, etc."
>
>This is completely wrong as well -- the firewall isn't disabled, you're
>still allowed to download critical updates, critical spyware and other
>malware are still detected and removed, and any 3rd-party software that
>does the same still functions.
>
>-Phil

See this headline

Microsoft outlined what measures it will be taking to fight piracy, including remote control of your
PC, has full corporate control of your PC now become a reality?

marika

Phil wrote:
> Jack Hammond wrote, On 7/10/06 3.42 p:
> >
> > http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1838/

> Where does this mention Vista phoning home every day?
>
> "Yet after 30-days the carpet is pulled from under Windows Vista's
> security features and I'm exposed to the net's virtual thugs and
> villains that'll potentially wreck havoc to my files, gain access to
> personal information such as bank account details or credit card info, etc."
>
> This is completely wrong as well -- the firewall isn't disabled, you're
> still allowed to download critical updates, critical spyware and other
> malware are still detected and removed, and any 3rd-party software that
> does the same still functions.

yet another classic

mk5000

"Things in my life are complicated, too"--Juelz Santana