Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ISP reaction to Xtra's new plans.

ISP reaction to Xtra's new plans.

Rupert Boleyn

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:31:39 GMT,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)z (Bruce Sinclair)
wrote:

>Idle questiosn ...
>As with current plans, if they offer higher speeds and then don't deliver,
>is there anything you can do about it ? I have seen many whinges about
>paying for speed x, getting speed x/2, complainging and being told "tough".
>Is this likely to chenge ? ... will there be any guarantees of service level
>?

Not that I've seen. In fact, iHug recently rewrote its Terms of Sevice
to include a statement to the effect that they weren't at fault if the
lines weren't up to speed, and that they didn't guarantee performance.
--
Rupert Boleyn <(E-Mail Removed)>