Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Question re: XP start-up sequence

Question re: XP start-up sequence

Earl Grey

Shane wrote:
> Earl Grey wrote:
>
>> Shane wrote:
>>
>>> You tell me, youre the expert that forgets road warrior machines are the
>>> leading cause of problems in a network

>> Can those problems be prevented by a firewall ?
>> They are usually virus infections aren't they ?

> Some can
> Define: worm

So you think carrying around an external firewall would stop laptops
from being infected with viruses.
Are you intending to get a job in IT when you finish school ?

Shane

Earl Grey wrote:

> Shane wrote:
>> Earl Grey wrote:

>>> Can those problems be prevented by a firewall ?
>>> They are usually virus infections aren't they ?

>> Some can
>> Define: worm
>>

> So you think carrying around an external firewall would stop laptops
> from being infected with viruses.

So you think your internal software firewall is going to keep on chugging
along with those viruses and spyware attacking it?
(Gosh wasnt that the point two or three days ago)

> Are you intending to get a job in IT when you finish school ?

I have jobs now tyvm But please, keep showing your ignorance

And judging by you finally showing the reasons why I suggest external
firewalls in the first place after how many days of arguing, I have to ask,
do *you* have a job?

--
Mayor Poopenmeyer: I now award you with the Academy Prize, which was
confiscated from Dr. Wernstrum after it became apparent that he was a

blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

Earl Grey

Shane wrote:
> I have to ask,
> do *you* have a job?

I own the company

Shane

Earl Grey wrote:

> Shane wrote:
> > I have to ask,
>> do *you* have a job?
>>

> I own the company

I prefer dilmahs myself, but w/ever does it for you
--
Fry: Alright, alright. What happened to me, Philip J. Fry, on the night of
December 31st, 1999?

blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <egi1b8$2n0$(E-Mail Removed)>, Shane wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>> You have caught yourself being an idiot
>>> I have nfi what your problem is, and am asking why you need to resort
>>> childish behaviour

>> What was "childish" about pointing out that you _had_ mentioned Cisco
>> when you claimed you hadn't?

> What was childish about you snipping ...

What indeed. Especially since you didn't seem to be contributing anything to
the argument at hand, which was about whether physically-separate firewalls
were inherently superior to on-board ones or not.

Shane

Really, that explains your behaviour...
--
Bender: There! Now no one can say I don't own John Laroquette's spine!

blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org