Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > how can I open an optical mouse

how can I open an optical mouse

nirsal@gmail.com

I want to open the " Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1 " in order to clean it
from the inside but i don't know how to do it can someone help me ?

E. Scrooge

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I want to open the " Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1 " in order to clean it
> from the inside but i don't know how to do it can someone help me ?

Check for screws under the 4 pads in the corners of the base of it.

E. Scrooge

Greg

an optical screwdriver or hammer

E. Scrooge wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
>>I want to open the " Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1 " in order to clean it
>>from the inside but i don't know how to do it can someone help me ?

> Check for screws under the 4 pads in the corners of the base of it.
>
> E. Scrooge

Jack Hammond

On 28 Sep 2006 01:54:16 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I want to open the " Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1 " in order to clean it
>from the inside but i don't know how to do it can someone help me ?

Don't

Jack Hammond

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:44:05 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>>I want to open the " Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1 " in order to clean it
>> from the inside but i don't know how to do it can someone help me ?

>Check for screws under the 4 pads in the corners of the base of it.
>
>E. Scrooge

Don't do it, these Pad will be damaged and can't be replaced at all.

E. Scrooge

"Jack Hammond" <jm@yah***.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:44:05 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:
>

>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...
>>>I want to open the " Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1 " in order to clean it
>>> from the inside but i don't know how to do it can someone help me ?

>>Check for screws under the 4 pads in the corners of the base of it.
>>
>>E. Scrooge
>>

> Don't do it, these Pad will be damaged and can't be replaced at all.

The pads are nothing special and only stuck on. They can be restuck back on
afterwards.
If his mouse is acting up then he has nothing to lose. It's either that or
get a new mouse.

E. Scrooge