Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dennis the WDANZ.ORG.NZ spammer is at it again

Dennis the WDANZ.ORG.NZ spammer is at it again

Bruce Sinclair

In article <1159315256.997050@ftpsrv1>, "Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Just received another spam from this comapny from http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) , this
>time advertising his Inaugural WDANZ Conference invite
>
>This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they used
>Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop sending these
>emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them to me. They have
>harvested my email address from my website.

... and have you complained to them and their ISP ... ?

Bruce Sinclair

In article <1159317315.58602@ftpsrv1>, "Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote
>in message news:efcg21$3t9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <1159315256.997050@ftpsrv1>, "Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>>Just received another spam from this comapny from (E-Mail Removed) ,
>>>this
>>>time advertising his Inaugural WDANZ Conference invite
>>>
>>>This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they used
>>>Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop sending these
>>>emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them to me. They have
>>>harvested my email address from my website.

>> .. and have you complained to them and their ISP ... ?

>See reply to Craig below as am not sure on the ISP. Also the rule I follow,
>is I don't reply to spammers email addresses, as it confirms to them that
>the email address is valid, and they may sign my address up to other spam.

Agreed ... but complaining to a local ISP on the other hand should be a
given. Best of luck with stamping on these fellows. Now, if we can only get
the LTSA and land info people to stop selling lists to spammers ...

Vista

Just received another spam from this comapny from (E-Mail Removed) , this
time advertising his Inaugural WDANZ Conference invite

This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they used
Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop sending these
emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them to me. They have
harvested my email address from my website.

Craig Whitmore

"Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Just received another spam from this comapny from (E-Mail Removed) ,
> this time advertising his Inaugural WDANZ Conference invite
>
> This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they used
> Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop sending these
> emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them to me. They have
> harvested my email address from my website.

I would email Clear with a full copy including headers to (E-Mail Removed)
and let them
know about the email harvesting/spam email.

Can you forward me a copy also to (E-Mail Removed) for the
www.spam.co.nz website

Thanks
Craig
http://www.spam.co.nz

Craig Whitmore

> This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they used
> Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop sending these
> emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them to me. They have
> harvested my email address from my website.

Actually the emails are coming from callplus (203.184.19.88 is Callplus, not
Clear)
(E-Mail Removed) I think should be the correct email address. Wdanz
also sent
out Fax Versions of these Advertisements that I've seen last week

See Sample Header Below of "Spam"
Please also note these where sent via Brendan Battle's (Wdanz employee)
Spam
Engine as his emails are easily identified via certain headers which hes
used for
many years including the Infamous Wired Country Spams.

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:34:56 -0-1200 (broken timezone)

--------------------------------------
From: (E-Mail Removed)
Subject: Inaugural WDANZ Conference invitation
To: xxx@xxx
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:34:56 -0-1200

Thanks
Craig Whitmore
http://www.spam.co.nz

Vista

"Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4519c573$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Just received another spam from this comapny from (E-Mail Removed) ,
>> this time advertising his Inaugural WDANZ Conference invite
>>
>> This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they
>> used Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop sending
>> these emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them to me. They
>> have harvested my email address from my website.
>>

> I would email Clear with a full copy including headers to
> (E-Mail Removed) and let them
> know about the email harvesting/spam email.
>
> Can you forward me a copy also to (E-Mail Removed) for the
> www.spam.co.nz website
>
> Thanks
> Craig
> http://www.spam.co.nz

I am not sure if 203.184.19.88 is actually Clear/Telstra, as Visualroute
shows that that IP number goes to Callplus. I have emailed Telstra with a
spam compliant before but they don't follow it up. If I was a spammer,
Telstra would be the ISP I would use.

Vista

"Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote
in message news:efcg21$3t9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <1159315256.997050@ftpsrv1>, "Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>Just received another spam from this comapny from (E-Mail Removed) ,
>>this
>>time advertising his Inaugural WDANZ Conference invite
>>
>>This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they used
>>Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop sending these
>>emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them to me. They have
>>harvested my email address from my website.

> .. and have you complained to them and their ISP ... ?

See reply to Craig below as am not sure on the ISP. Also the rule I follow,
is I don't reply to spammers email addresses, as it confirms to them that
the email address is valid, and they may sign my address up to other spam.

Vista

"Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4519c85c$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they
>> used Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop sending
>> these emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them to me. They
>> have harvested my email address from my website.

> Actually the emails are coming from callplus (203.184.19.88 is Callplus,
> not Clear)
> (E-Mail Removed) I think should be the correct email address. Wdanz
> also sent
> out Fax Versions of these Advertisements that I've seen last week
>
> See Sample Header Below of "Spam"
> Please also note these where sent via Brendan Battle's (Wdanz employee)
> Spam
> Engine as his emails are easily identified via certain headers which hes
> used for
> many years including the Infamous Wired Country Spams.

> Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:34:56 -0-1200 (broken timezone)
>
> --------------------------------------
> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> Subject: Inaugural WDANZ Conference invitation
> To: xxx@xxx
> Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:34:56 -0-1200
>
> Thanks
> Craig Whitmore
> http://www.spam.co.nz

Thanks I will email it through to them.

thingy

Vista wrote:
> "Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4519c573$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Just received another spam from this comapny from (E-Mail Removed) ,
>>> this time advertising his Inaugural WDANZ Conference invite
>>>
>>> This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they
>>> used Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop sending
>>> these emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them to me. They
>>> have harvested my email address from my website.
>>>

>> I would email Clear with a full copy including headers to
>> (E-Mail Removed) and let them
>> know about the email harvesting/spam email.
>>
>> Can you forward me a copy also to (E-Mail Removed) for the
>> www.spam.co.nz website
>>
>> Thanks
>> Craig
>> http://www.spam.co.nz
>>

> I am not sure if 203.184.19.88 is actually Clear/Telstra, as Visualroute
> shows that that IP number goes to Callplus. I have emailed Telstra with a
> spam compliant before but they don't follow it up. If I was a spammer,
> Telstra would be the ISP I would use.

[IPv4 whois information for 203.184.19.88 ]
[whois.apnic.net]
% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum: 203.184.0.0 - 203.184.63.255
netname: CALLPLUS-NZ
descr: CallPlus Services Limited
descr: NZ Networks
country: NZ
admin-c: CNO2-AP
tech-c: CNO2-AP
status: ALLOCATED PORTABLE
mnt-by: APNIC-HM
mnt-lower: MAINT-AP-CALLPLUS
remarks: -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
remarks: This object can only be updated by APNIC hostmasters.
remarks: To update this object, please contact APNIC
remarks: hostmasters and include your organisation's account
remarks: name in the subject line.
remarks: -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
changed: (E-Mail Removed) 20040602
source: APNIC

role: CallPlus Network Operations
address: CallPlus Services Ltd
8><----
source: APNIC

Enkidu

Vista wrote:
> Just received another spam from this comapny from (E-Mail Removed)
> , this time advertising his Inaugural WDANZ Conference invite
>
> This time it was sent from Clear:RC:0(203.184.19.8 . Last time they
> used Orcon to send the spam from. I wish this company would stop
> sending these emails, as I haven't given them permission to send them
> to me. They have harvested my email address from my website.

Then don't put your email address on your website!

Cheers,

Cliff

OT: Server Bricks ala Dennis kpg MCSE 3 07-09-2005 05:49 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: SCORCHER, DENNIS MILLER: THE RAW FEED, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 10-02-2003 09:02 AM
New Dennis Miller release Dr. Shavers DVD Video 13 09-15-2003 05:12 AM

Advertisments