Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Looks Like Martin Wylie Is Now Calling The Shots At Slingshot

Re: Looks Like Martin Wylie Is Now Calling The Shots At Slingshot

Matty F

Vista wrote
>"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Quote of the day has to go to Annette when asked:-

>> TV3 "What are you going to do when you return to NZ Annette"?
>> Annette "Fire someone"!

>> This is definately one worth watching as it unfolds.

>She owns a big chunk of the company. You go girl. You never know this could
>just be a big marketing ploy to give slingshot more exposure.

Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Vista wrote
>>"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>> Quote of the day has to go to Annette when asked:-

>>> TV3 "What are you going to do when you return to NZ Annette"?
>>> Annette "Fire someone"!

>>> This is definately one worth watching as it unfolds.

>>She owns a big chunk of the company. You go girl. You never know this could
>>just be a big marketing ploy to give slingshot more exposure.

>Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.

45 % is often called "effective control", so it may well be enough. She only
needs another 5.000001% to get whatever she says to go ... or for 10.00001 %
of shareholders not to vote at all. I don't know the make up of slingshot's
shareholdings, but that sure sounds like control to me

We will see.

Vista

"Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Vista wrote
>>"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>> Quote of the day has to go to Annette when asked:-

>>> TV3 "What are you going to do when you return to NZ Annette"?
>>> Annette "Fire someone"!

>>> This is definately one worth watching as it unfolds.

>>She owns a big chunk of the company. You go girl. You never know this
>>could
>>just be a big marketing ploy to give slingshot more exposure.

> Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.

Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name), owns 42.5%, so she may be able to
get the numbers from other shareholders. Sounds like the issue is personal
which happens when a marriage breaks up.

Keith

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Vista wrote
>>>"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>She owns a big chunk of the company. You go girl. You never know this could
>>>just be a big marketing ploy to give slingshot more exposure.

>>Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.

>45 % is often called "effective control", so it may well be enough. She only
>needs another 5.000001% to get whatever she says to go ... or for 10.00001 %
>of shareholders not to vote at all. I don't know the make up of slingshot's
>shareholdings, but that sure sounds like control to me
>
>We will see.

Companies Office says Slingshot is 100% owned by Callplus Holdings.

Callplus Holdings is 45% Presley; 42.5% Malcolm Dick; 4.75% Martin
Wylie (all three the Directors of the company) and the rest rats and mice. (Slingshot's directors are Wylie & Dick).

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>(E-Mail Removed) nz (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, "Matty F"

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>Vista wrote
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.

>>45 % is often called "effective control", so it may well be enough. She only
>>needs another 5.000001% to get whatever she says to go ... or for 10.00001 %
>>of shareholders not to vote at all. I don't know the make up of slingshot's
>>shareholdings, but that sure sounds like control to me
>>
>>We will see.

>Companies Office says Slingshot is 100% owned by Callplus Holdings.
>
>Callplus Holdings is 45% Presley; 42.5% Malcolm Dick; 4.75% Martin
>Wylie (all three the Directors of the company) and the rest rats and mice.
> (Slingshot's directors are Wylie & Dick).

Thanks. Looks like the rats and mice might have a big say in anything that
goes down here. Interesting

Jason Clinton

On 27 Sep 2006 12:54:15 +1200, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Companies Office says Slingshot is 100% owned by Callplus Holdings.
>
>Callplus Holdings is 45% Presley; 42.5% Malcolm Dick; 4.75% Martin
>Wylie (all three the Directors of the company) and the rest rats and mice. (Slingshot's directors are Wylie & Dick).

If Dick & Wylie gang up on Presley she's going to find it tough to
fight back.

Yes - in theory she can look for the small shareholders to gain 2.26%
support to topple Dick & Wylie but they can do the same thing and
together they're closer to 50% than Presley is alone.

Also looking at some of the small shareholders (particularly Adrian
Dick at 2.5%) I suspect Malcolm Dick may have an advantage there.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <1159315811.114371@ftpsrv1>, Vista wrote:

> Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name) ...

It's short for "Richard". Famous historical figures: Dick the Lionheart,
Chuck I, Chuck II, King Fred the Great of Prussia etc.

Earl Grey

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <1159315811.114371@ftpsrv1>, Vista wrote:
>
>> Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name) ...

> It's short for "Richard". Famous historical figures: Dick the Lionheart,
> Chuck I, Chuck II, King Fred the Great of Prussia etc.

Nice one Larry

Vista

news:efd88p$d1l$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <1159315811.114371@ftpsrv1>, Vista wrote:
>
>> Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name) ...

> It's short for "Richard". Famous historical figures: Dick the Lionheart,
> Chuck I, Chuck II, King Fred the Great of Prussia etc.

Yes but his first name is Malcolm. I don't think he has abbreviated it from
Malcolm Richard
I do know of a 'Dick' Family myself but I don't think they are related.

Vista

"Jason Clinton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 27 Sep 2006 12:54:15 +1200, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Companies Office says Slingshot is 100% owned by Callplus Holdings.
>>
>>Callplus Holdings is 45% Presley; 42.5% Malcolm Dick; 4.75% Martin
>>Wylie (all three the Directors of the company) and the rest rats and mice.
>>(Slingshot's directors are Wylie & Dick).

> If Dick & Wylie gang up on Presley she's going to find it tough to
> fight back.
>
> Yes - in theory she can look for the small shareholders to gain 2.26%
> support to topple Dick & Wylie but they can do the same thing and
> together they're closer to 50% than Presley is alone.
>
> Also looking at some of the small shareholders (particularly Adrian
> Dick at 2.5%) I suspect Malcolm Dick may have an advantage there.

Plus they have recently formed a new company that only Dick & Wylie own
called Slingshot Ltd, so I wonder whats going on their.