Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Unintended Consequences

Unintended Consequences

steve

nz.comp-ers may recall the problems I had with Telecom following the
lightning strikes in July.

The phone was out for over a month....with the promise of two more.

A letter to the Minister responsible got some focus on the outages
around here and the phone was restored within a few days.

But....the damaged fibre still remained to be fixed in late September.

It has now been fixed....and my ADSL connection has gone from 1.8mbps
down to 3.36mbps down.

Much faster.

Maybe there is some gain from some pains.