Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Why in the 21st century does Telecom still not offer support after 9PM?

Why in the 21st century does Telecom still not offer support after 9PM?

Jamie Kahn Genet

Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?

I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
a call. WTF?

But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
messages of ringing tones all night

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

Vista

"Jamie Kahn Genet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1hlq8l0.d7qwe8gsmyxmN%(E-Mail Removed) .nz...
> Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
> be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
>
> I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
> ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
> a call. WTF?
>
> But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
> tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
> messages of ringing tones all night
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet
> --
> If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Because some people have a life and don't want to work at all hours of the
day. Maybe when they move all their support to Asia they will offer 24x7
supprt. Not that many companies offer 24x7 support.

Jo

"Jamie Kahn Genet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1hlq8l0.d7qwe8gsmyxmN%(E-Mail Removed) .nz...
> Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
> be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
>
> I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
> ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
> a call. WTF?
>
> But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
> tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
> messages of ringing tones all night
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet
> --
> If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Its probably something minor such as someone ringing you getting voicemail,
flashing the hook an trying someone else.

~misfit~

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
> be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
>
> I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
> ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was
> making a call. WTF?
>
> But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
> tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
> messages of ringing tones all night
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet

How's this?

For all of last Saturday I couldn't ring a friend in the Waikato area. My
Vodaphone cell just shut off after a few seconds and my Actrix tolls did the
same thing after about 30 seconds. I rang 123 and the person there told me
that, if I was using a Telecom service to ring out, I'd get a message saying
the lines were overloaded and to try again later.

I said "What?? The lines have been overloaded for 6 hours?" She said "Yes, I
guess a lot of people are making phone calls."

It's getting bad when that happens. It wasn't even a national holiday of
Father's day or anything, just an ordinary Saturday.
--
Shaun.

steve

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

> Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
> be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
>
> I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
> ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
> a call. WTF?
>
> But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
> tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
> messages of ringing tones all night
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet

They offer 24/7 support to high-value customers.

That does not include residential or small business customers.

Adam

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:51:09 +1200, steve wrote:

>Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
>
>> Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
>> be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
>>
>> I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
>> ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
>> a call. WTF?
>>
>> But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
>> tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
>> messages of ringing tones all night
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jamie Kahn Genet

>They offer 24/7 support to high-value customers.
>
>That does not include residential or small business customers.

That's weird - because I've occasionally had to call them at 2.30am
(don't ask!!) to check why my ADSL has gone dead. I get to speak to a
real human (if anyone working for TC can possibly fit that
description) - and they've been pretty friendly (though not always
very effective!).

I've got a normal residential line - but I do pay the extra
maintenance cost, whatever it's called.

Adam.

Jamie Kahn Genet

<Adam> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:51:09 +1200, steve wrote:
>
> >Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> >
> >> Am I crazy to think that by 2006 when we live in a 24/7 world it might
> >> be a good idea for Telecom to offer support on a 24/7 basis?
> >>
> >> I'm getting these calls to my voice mail that are - weirdly - a phone
> >> ringing. That's all I hear - the ringing tone I'd hear if _I_ was making
> >> a call. WTF?
> >>
> >> But can I get anyone to DO anything about it? Nope, got to wait till
> >> tomorrow while my bloody voice mail is screwed by these pointless
> >> messages of ringing tones all night
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Jamie Kahn Genet

> >They offer 24/7 support to high-value customers.
> >
> >That does not include residential or small business customers.

> That's weird - because I've occasionally had to call them at 2.30am
> (don't ask!!) to check why my ADSL has gone dead. I get to speak to a
> real human (if anyone working for TC can possibly fit that
> description) - and they've been pretty friendly (though not always
> very effective!).
>
> I've got a normal residential line - but I do pay the extra
> maintenance cost, whatever it's called.
>
> Adam.

That's Xtra's support. Try getting help at that hour with another
non-xtra service.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

Adam

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:26:19 +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

><Adam> wrote:

>> >They offer 24/7 support to high-value customers.
>> >
>> >That does not include residential or small business customers.

>> That's weird - because I've occasionally had to call them at 2.30am
>> (don't ask!!) to check why my ADSL has gone dead. I get to speak to a
>> real human (if anyone working for TC can possibly fit that
>> description) - and they've been pretty friendly (though not always
>> very effective!).
>>
>> I've got a normal residential line - but I do pay the extra
>> maintenance cost, whatever it's called.
>>
>> Adam.

>That's Xtra's support. Try getting help at that hour with another
>non-xtra service.

Aaah right. No-one mentioned Xtra when I spoke to them (I just dialled
123 then followed the robot menu to "faults").

Or rather - they asked me if I was an Xtra customer (no).

Adam.

Jamie Kahn Genet

<Adam> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:26:19 +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
>
> ><Adam> wrote:

> >> That's weird - because I've occasionally had to call them at 2.30am
> >> (don't ask!!) to check why my ADSL has gone dead. I get to speak to a
> >> real human (if anyone working for TC can possibly fit that
> >> description) - and they've been pretty friendly (though not always
> >> very effective!).
> >>
> >> I've got a normal residential line - but I do pay the extra
> >> maintenance cost, whatever it's called.
> >>
> >> Adam.

> >That's Xtra's support. Try getting help at that hour with another
> >non-xtra service.

> Aaah right. No-one mentioned Xtra when I spoke to them (I just dialled
> 123 then followed the robot menu to "faults").
>
> Or rather - they asked me if I was an Xtra customer (no).
>
> Adam.

One thing Xtra does have over other ISPs - 24/7 tech support. I still
wouldn't go back to them, though

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

MaHogany

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:34:20 +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

> [...]

And those "high-value" customers get the phone answered usually within 30
seconds!

Ma Hogany

--
"The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
fries with that, if prompted."