Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ram Question

Ram Question

Roy Bean

I have 4 x 128mb rambus 800 shims on my Intel P4 motherboard (only four
slots).I want to upgrade to 1gig what ram can I use and in what
configurations ?
Many Thanks In advance

Dave Taylor

Roy Bean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:edtg4o$ml5$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have 4 x 128mb rambus 800 shims on my Intel P4 motherboard (only four
> slots).I want to upgrade to 1gig what ram can I use and in what
> configurations ?
> Many Thanks In advance

You have a couple of options.
Download your Motherboard Manual and look it up.
You could also run this tool, which is pretty good when it comes to windows
machines:
http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/
Once you know what type you can put in, you go buy it.

--
Ciao, Dave