Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > aioe news server is back

aioe news server is back

E. Scrooge

The guy might have relocated when it was down for for a while.

E. Scrooge

Senior

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:16:59 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

>The guy might have relocated when it was down for for a while.
>
>E. Scrooge

What are you taliking about?

Mike Dee

"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in news:edq99n$bep$1
@emma.aioe.org:

> The guy might have relocated when it was down for for a while.

Give it a couple of days to go down again.

When (not if) it does, do yourself a favour and try this:
http://news.motzarella.org/en/index.php

--
dee

Gordon

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 03:14:11 +0200, Mike Dee wrote:

> http://news.motzarella.org/en/index.php

Kwel stuff. It even offers UUCP on demand.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Gordon wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 03:14:11 +0200, Mike Dee wrote:
>
>> http://news.motzarella.org/en/index.php

> Kwel stuff.

Ah, I see. You mean "kewl". Or even "koo-uhl".

Apteryx

"Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in news:edq99n$bep$1
> @emma.aioe.org:
>
>> The guy might have relocated when it was down for for a while.

> Give it a couple of days to go down again.
>
> When (not if) it does, do yourself a favour and try this:
> http://news.motzarella.org/en/index.php

It's terms of use require a valid email address as the sender address, so
you need to set up a spam trap email address first to use that.

--
Apteryx

Mike Dee

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 13:29:40 +1200, Apteryx wrote:

>> http://news.motzarella.org/en/index.php

> It's terms of use require a valid email address as the sender address, so
> you need to set up a spam trap email address first to use that.

You read the entire paragraph of the terms of use, regarding name use?
http://news.motzarella.org/en/terms.php

--------------------
Terms of use

[...]

* Sender Address
[...] For the From: address the Top
Level Domain (TLD) invalid may be used, as in
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid. See also RFC2606 and Usenet Best Practice.
---------------------

Invalid.invalid is the acceptable SPAM trap useage at motzarella.org.

Motzarella's Terms of use also give helpful links, such as
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2606.html to help you to understand why
it is preferable to use "invalid.invalid" over any other form of name
"munging".

--
dee

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed) >, Mike Dee
wrote:

> Motzarella's Terms of use also give helpful links, such as
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2606.html to help you to understand why
> it is preferable to use "invalid.invalid" over any other form of name
> "munging".

Some of us don't feel the need to conceal our identities and contact info
completely. We just want to make it more difficult to harvest by automated
spam bots.

Mike Dee

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 22:27:39 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <(E-Mail Removed) >, Mike Dee
> wrote:
>
>> Motzarella's Terms of use also give helpful links, such as
>> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2606.html to help you to understand why
>> it is preferable to use "invalid.invalid" over any other form of name
>> "munging".

> Some of us don't feel the need to conceal our identities and contact info
> completely.

Oh, that's why you post using an illegal domain in your headers?

It would be more appropriate if you (being nz,comp's unofficial *nix
spokesperson) were to use <(E-Mail Removed)> in your
headers (if you do wish to expose your identity and *not* be a usenet
burden).

Being the *nix guru that you espouse to be, you of all people should
have more appreciation of where, what and why rfc2606 exists and what it
means to you and your relationship with the (usenet) world.

> We just want to make it more difficult to harvest by automated
> spam bots.

BS Lawrence. You are fooling yourself only with that comment.

--
dee

jasen

On 2006-09-09, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> In message <(E-Mail Removed) >, Mike Dee
> wrote:
>
>> Motzarella's Terms of use also give helpful links, such as
>> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2606.html to help you to understand why
>> it is preferable to use "invalid.invalid" over any other form of name
>> "munging".

> Some of us don't feel the need to conceal our identities and contact info
> completely. We just want to make it more difficult to harvest by automated
> spam bots.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)_zealand.invalid

would be OK AFAICT

--

Bye.
Jasen

Re: news.aioe.org Stephen Wolstenholme Computer Support 5 05-13-2008 07:08 PM
aioe back? geopelia NZ Computing 0 09-08-2006 10:49 PM
AIOE News Server - Connection problems over last few days? Alan NZ Computing 6 08-10-2006 07:59 AM
AIOE is back online E. Scrooge NZ Computing 15 08-08-2006 05:46 AM
OT nothing on "nntp.aioe.org" news Celcius Digital Photography 6 07-30-2006 07:25 AM

Advertisments