Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Slingshot ADSL outage in Wellington

Slingshot ADSL outage in Wellington

Vista

Anyone lose ADSL connection around midday today in the Wellington Hutt
Valley? Mine has gone done, and they don't ahve anything on status page
regarding an outage in my area.

EMB

Vista wrote:
> Anyone lose ADSL connection around midday today in the Wellington Hutt
> Valley? Mine has gone done, and they don't ahve anything on status page
> regarding an outage in my area.

Probably the same thing as is on ihug's network status page

--
EMB

Vista

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:edg2de$agc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Vista wrote:
>> Anyone lose ADSL connection around midday today in the Wellington Hutt
>> Valley? Mine has gone done, and they don't ahve anything on status page
>> regarding an outage in my area.

> Probably the same thing as is on ihug's network status page
>

>> ADSL Authentication error 2006-08-31 19:58:00

>> Several customers on ADSL are unable to authenticate on our servers. The
>> error number returned is 691.
>>
>> Technical summary:
>> Due to an intermittent software bug within Telecom's network, some ADSL
>> customers may be disconnected and experience problems trying to reconnect
>> for up to one hour.
>>
>> Resolution:
>> Network engineers are working with Telecom to investigate and resolve
>> this issue. An update will be provided as soon as possible.

> --
> EMB

Thanks, seems to working again now. Slingshot seem to permentally have a
status message on their phone system saying that some broadband customers in
certain parts of the country may have problems connecting to braodband, and
to try again in 20 minutes.

joe_90

Vista wrote:
> Anyone lose ADSL connection around midday today in the Wellington Hutt
> Valley? Mine has gone done, and they don't ahve anything on status page
> regarding an outage in my area.

Yes, around 12.30 - and it's on their Network Status page now.

jasen

On 2006-09-04, Vista <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Anyone lose ADSL connection around midday today in the Wellington Hutt
> Valley? Mine has gone done, and they don't ahve anything on status page
> regarding an outage in my area.

Lost it in christchurch (well, it went intermittent) outage lasted a couple
of hours.

--

Bye.
Jasen