Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Computer hire / technology incubators?

Computer hire / technology incubators?

Jon

Hello all,

Apologies in advance for yet another 'Pommy backpacker' post (and for
cross-posting this to nz.general), but ....

I'm travelling through New Zealand for a few months later this year,
while there I am planning on stopping for a few weeks and catching up
with some work back in the UK.

To do this i need uninterrupted access to a PC and internet connection,
ideally in normal business hours. I can't lug a laptop around in my
back pack and an internet cafe would be too expensive and noisy.

In most major UK cities we have 'Technology Incubators', where computer
and business resources can be hired for short to medium periods of
time, is there anything similar in NZ?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend any computer hire companies?

Of course, being a backpacker, cost is my major concern

Many thanks in advance.

Jon.

Steve

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:32:43 -0700, Jon wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Apologies in advance for yet another 'Pommy backpacker' post (and for
> cross-posting this to nz.general), but ....
>
> I'm travelling through New Zealand for a few months later this year,
> while there I am planning on stopping for a few weeks and catching up
> with some work back in the UK.
>
> To do this i need uninterrupted access to a PC and internet connection,
> ideally in normal business hours. I can't lug a laptop around in my
> back pack and an internet cafe would be too expensive and noisy.
>
> In most major UK cities we have 'Technology Incubators', where computer
> and business resources can be hired for short to medium periods of
> time, is there anything similar in NZ?
>
> Alternatively, can anyone recommend any computer hire companies?
>
> Of course, being a backpacker, cost is my major concern
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Jon.

We've certainly got one in Christchurch... opposite the pool.
http://www.cii.co.nz/index.shtml

Steve
Ex Pom, trainee Kiwi.

~misfit~

Steve wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:32:43 -0700, Jon wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Apologies in advance for yet another 'Pommy backpacker' post (and
> > for cross-posting this to nz.general), but ....
> >
> > I'm travelling through New Zealand for a few months later this year,
> > while there I am planning on stopping for a few weeks and catching
> > up with some work back in the UK.
> >
> > To do this i need uninterrupted access to a PC and internet
> > connection, ideally in normal business hours. I can't lug a laptop
> > around in my back pack and an internet cafe would be too expensive
> > and noisy.
> >
> > In most major UK cities we have 'Technology Incubators', where
> > computer and business resources can be hired for short to medium
> > periods of time, is there anything similar in NZ?
> >
> > Alternatively, can anyone recommend any computer hire companies?
> >
> > Of course, being a backpacker, cost is my major concern
> >
> > Many thanks in advance.
> >
> > Jon.

> We've certainly got one in Christchurch... opposite the pool.
> http://www.cii.co.nz/index.shtml

Heh! You learn something everyday. Or at least, if you forget as much as I
do you do.

> Steve
> Ex Pom, trainee Kiwi.

I'm also an ex-pom but it was 1973 and I was 12 years old. I think I'm
pretty-much fully trained now.
--
Shaun.