Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra

J.Wilson

We have an adsl account with Xtra and a dialup account with Paradise.
We can access our paradise mail account through Xtra but not
Paradise news server. Paradise help desk say
Xtra are blocking access to their news server. Xtra say it is not
possible for them to provide access to newsgroups through other
Isps even though I can access aioe and teranews.
Is this because they really can't do it or because they are intentionally
blocking it?

John

MaHogany

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:31:08 +1200, J.Wilson wrote:

> Is this because they really can't do it or because they are intentionally
> blocking it?

It would probably be because Paradise/Saturn/Telstra/Clear doesn't want to
provide access to it's NNTP server from outside of it's network.

Ma Hogany

--
Q: How do I make Windows(TM) go faster?
A: Throw it harder...

Smiley Xtra Working?? LadySpudz Firefox 5 05-05-2005 08:03 AM
Why are my Menus needing an Xtra click to keep 'em Active? Anyone ? Fred-C- Computer Support 3 04-19-2005 10:02 PM
Smilie Xtra Extension Jeff Firefox 0 04-11-2005 01:02 AM
pop 3 xtra john.w.wood Computer Support 1 09-13-2004 10:23 AM
Xtra customers - be VERY careful, geopelia Computer Support 7 11-20-2003 03:25 AM

Advertisments