nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

From:(E-Mail Removed)
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
has been received. Summary of your
order you can see in the attachment file.

This email is to confirm the receipt of your order. Please do not reply
as this email was sent from our automated
confirmation system.

Please Note: There is no need to re-send your request or call our
customer service department for status or
tracking number, this will only delay our response time to you.
Rest assured, we are making every effort to process and ship your order
within 1 to 2 business days. We
appreciate your understanding and patience and do value your business.

Once your order has been processed and shipped a FEDEX Tracking number
will be automatically emailed to
the address provided.

Please Note: Tracking information will be available in FedEx's system
only after 10pm EST Monday thru
Friday.
If you receive a tracking number on Sunday, you will be able to track
it Monday evening after 10pm EST.

All orders placed including 1-2 or 2-3 business day options are shipped
within 48 hours providing the
merchandise is in stock.
All FedEx Ground orders will take 7-10 business days to arrive.

Some packages may require a signature upon delivery. These packages
will not be left without a signature.
For your convenience, we will email you a FedEx tracking number on all
successfully processed and shipped
orders.

All Plasma TVs, DVD players, Scanners, Fax Machines, Receivers, Home
Theater, and Printers are not
returnable after box is opened.

To insure the best handling of your order please allow 24-48 business
hours for the processing and the
shipping of your order. Thank you for your cooperation.

We hope you enjoy your order! Thank you for shopping with us!

tiddlywink

I've had this a few times as well, there is an .exe in the zip file but
havent run it my AV didn't detect anything
"canon paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
> addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
>
> Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
> nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.
>
> From:(E-Mail Removed)
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
> has been received. Summary of your
> order you can see in the attachment file.
>
> This email is to confirm the receipt of your order. Please do not reply
> as this email was sent from our automated
> confirmation system.
>
> Please Note: There is no need to re-send your request or call our
> customer service department for status or
> tracking number, this will only delay our response time to you.
> Rest assured, we are making every effort to process and ship your order
> within 1 to 2 business days. We
> appreciate your understanding and patience and do value your business.
>
> Once your order has been processed and shipped a FEDEX Tracking number
> will be automatically emailed to
> the address provided.
>
> Please Note: Tracking information will be available in FedEx's system
> only after 10pm EST Monday thru
> Friday.
> If you receive a tracking number on Sunday, you will be able to track
> it Monday evening after 10pm EST.
>
> All orders placed including 1-2 or 2-3 business day options are shipped
> within 48 hours providing the
> merchandise is in stock.
> All FedEx Ground orders will take 7-10 business days to arrive.
>
> Some packages may require a signature upon delivery. These packages
> will not be left without a signature.
> For your convenience, we will email you a FedEx tracking number on all
> successfully processed and shipped
> orders.
>
> All Plasma TVs, DVD players, Scanners, Fax Machines, Receivers, Home
> Theater, and Printers are not
> returnable after box is opened.
>
> To insure the best handling of your order please allow 24-48 business
> hours for the processing and the
> shipping of your order. Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> We hope you enjoy your order! Thank you for shopping with us!

GraB

On 12 Aug 2006 18:32:34 -0700, "canon paora" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
>addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
>
>Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
>nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.
>
>From:(E-Mail Removed)
>Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
>has been received. Summary of your
>order you can see in the attachment file.

I just got three of them, which I bounced with MailWasher. With
MailWasher I didn't get to see attachments.

Stuart

"canon paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
> addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.

I got the same from http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). Didn't look at the
attachment, just junked it.

Stuart

Dave Taylor

"canon paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
> nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

This is a useful site for suspicious attachments:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/

--
Ciao, Dave

canon paora

Dave Taylor wrote:
> "canon paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:
>
> > Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
> > nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

> This is a useful site for suspicious attachments:
> http://virusscan.jotti.org/
>

> --
> Ciao, Dave

Heh, that's handy, thanks.

~misfit~

Dave Taylor wrote:
> "canon paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:
>
> > Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV
> > suspected nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

> This is a useful site for suspicious attachments:
> http://virusscan.jotti.org/

As I just posted in another thread, PC-cillin gives this:

Notification:

Incoming Mail Scan
Incoming Mail Scan detected a virus or other type of malware, and performed
the action specified.

..
Action taken: Unable to clean infected file. The file was deleted.
..
Subject: SPAM: Order Confirmation number: WC2195136
Sender: customer support <(E-Mail Removed)>
Malware name: TROJ_SMALL.CJK
Note: If Search for and clean Trojans is turned on and executed after
scanning, click Next to view the final action taken.

Notification:

Real-time Protection
Real-time Protection has detected a virus, spyware, or other security risk,
and performed the action specified.

..
Action taken: Unable to clean infected file. The file was quarantined.
..
Incident name: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\V2RCDSa03276
Detection name: TROJ_SMALL.CJK
User name: misfit
Note: If Search for and clean Trojans is turned on and executed after
scanning, click Next to view the final action taken.
--
Shaun.

Robert Cooze

canon paora wrote:
> Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
> addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
>
> Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
> nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.
>
> From:(E-Mail Removed)
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
> has been received. Summary of your
> order you can see in the attachment file.
>
> This email is to confirm the receipt of your order. Please do not reply
> as this email was sent from our automated
> confirmation system.
>
> Please Note: There is no need to re-send your request or call our
> customer service department for status or
> tracking number, this will only delay our response time to you.
> Rest assured, we are making every effort to process and ship your order
> within 1 to 2 business days. We
> appreciate your understanding and patience and do value your business.
>
> Once your order has been processed and shipped a FEDEX Tracking number
> will be automatically emailed to
> the address provided.
>
> Please Note: Tracking information will be available in FedEx's system
> only after 10pm EST Monday thru
> Friday.
> If you receive a tracking number on Sunday, you will be able to track
> it Monday evening after 10pm EST.
>
> All orders placed including 1-2 or 2-3 business day options are shipped
> within 48 hours providing the
> merchandise is in stock.
> All FedEx Ground orders will take 7-10 business days to arrive.
>
> Some packages may require a signature upon delivery. These packages
> will not be left without a signature.
> For your convenience, we will email you a FedEx tracking number on all
> successfully processed and shipped
> orders.
>
> All Plasma TVs, DVD players, Scanners, Fax Machines, Receivers, Home
> Theater, and Printers are not
> returnable after box is opened.
>
> To insure the best handling of your order please allow 24-48 business
> hours for the processing and the
> shipping of your order. Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> We hope you enjoy your order! Thank you for shopping with us!

Just got that mail this morning Cant wate till I get what I ordered!!!

NOT

Jo

"canon paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
> addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
>
> Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
> nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

Got me thinking as I have made a series of ebay purchases in the past week.

thingy

canon paora wrote:
> Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
> addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
>
> Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
> nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.
>
> From:(E-Mail Removed)
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
> has been received. Summary of your
> order you can see in the attachment file.
>
> This email is to confirm the receipt of your order. Please do not reply
> as this email was sent from our automated
> confirmation system.
>
> Please Note: There is no need to re-send your request or call our
> customer service department for status or
> tracking number, this will only delay our response time to you.
> Rest assured, we are making every effort to process and ship your order
> within 1 to 2 business days. We
> appreciate your understanding and patience and do value your business.
>
> Once your order has been processed and shipped a FEDEX Tracking number
> will be automatically emailed to
> the address provided.
>
> Please Note: Tracking information will be available in FedEx's system
> only after 10pm EST Monday thru
> Friday.
> If you receive a tracking number on Sunday, you will be able to track
> it Monday evening after 10pm EST.
>
> All orders placed including 1-2 or 2-3 business day options are shipped
> within 48 hours providing the
> merchandise is in stock.
> All FedEx Ground orders will take 7-10 business days to arrive.
>
> Some packages may require a signature upon delivery. These packages
> will not be left without a signature.
> For your convenience, we will email you a FedEx tracking number on all
> successfully processed and shipped
> orders.
>
> All Plasma TVs, DVD players, Scanners, Fax Machines, Receivers, Home
> Theater, and Printers are not
> returnable after box is opened.
>
> To insure the best handling of your order please allow 24-48 business
> hours for the processing and the
> shipping of your order. Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> We hope you enjoy your order! Thank you for shopping with us!

This has been going on for two odd weeks, sometimes it is attached,
other times it is a link to a remote web site.

malware writers are now crafting this crap and testing it against
"common" anti-virus software in order to get around them.....so some of
the better small anti-virus players might be worth considering.....

As for updating yes, I would suggest hourly....

regards

Thing