Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > AOL release free AntiVirus

AOL release free AntiVirus

justme

And you don't have to be an AOL user to use it.

http://www.activevirusshield.com/ant...eav/index.adp?

Vista

"justme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ebaup7$re5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> And you don't have to be an AOL user to use it.
>
> http://www.activevirusshield.com/ant...eav/index.adp?

It doesn't seem too bad either. I would be interested in other peoples
comments.

Nova

Vista wrote:
> "justme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ebaup7$re5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> And you don't have to be an AOL user to use it.
>>
>> http://www.activevirusshield.com/ant...eav/index.adp?

> It doesn't seem too bad either. I would be interested in other peoples
> comments.

yeah I looked at it, seems ok, by Kapersky it says.

bambam

"Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1155102192.11899@ftpsrv1:

> "justme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ebaup7$re5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> And you don't have to be an AOL user to use it.
>>
>> http://www.activevirusshield.com/ant...eav/index.adp?

> It doesn't seem too bad either. I would be interested in other peoples
> comments.

<quote>

While AOL doesn't ask for money, Active Virus Shield users have to agree
to let AOL and its partners deliver ads to them. "As a condition for your
use of the software, you agree to receive promotions and periodic e-mail
messages from us and our affiliates," according to the fine print in the
license and user agreement of the software.

Active Virus Shield collects a host of information that may be used for
marketing purposes, starting with the e-mail address required to download
and run the product, according to the fine print. Other data collected
include usage stats, responses to ads and details about the PC, according
to the AOL agreement.

<quote>

http://news.com.com/AOL+offers+free+...e/2100-7355_3-
6102917.html?tag=nefd.top