Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > TC cable down in Wgtn?

TC cable down in Wgtn?

Shank

I'm in Melrose.

Had no access from about 6pm till now.

Anyone else?

Rob

Jerry

Shank wrote:
> I'm in Melrose.
>
> Had no access from about 6pm till now.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Rob

same here

Jerry

Shank wrote:
> I'm in Melrose.
>
> Had no access from about 6pm till now.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Rob

I'm in Miramar

Earl Grey

Shank wrote:
> I'm in Melrose.
>
> Had no access from about 6pm till now.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Rob

Its working on the south coast

BTMO

"Shank" <> wrote

> I'm in Melrose.
>
> Had no access from about 6pm till now.
>
> Anyone else?

Yep - it sure was.

I was on the phone on hold listening to the music (speaker phones are great
ideas!) doing something else for about 1/2 an hour.

I finally got through, the dude said "cable broadband, Wellington?"

"Yep" says I.

"Major outage in the Wellington area - it'll be back just after ten."

It was.

What the hell couldn't they have just put a recorded message on????

Matty F

BTMO wrote:

> I was on the phone on hold listening to the music (speaker phones are great
> ideas!) doing something else for about 1/2 an hour.
>
> I finally got through, the dude said "cable broadband, Wellington?"
>
> "Yep" says I.
>
> "Major outage in the Wellington area - it'll be back just after ten."
>
> It was.
>
> What the hell couldn't they have just put a recorded message on????

Of course that is a sensible idea.
Why don't you do us all a service and phone the highest manager
that you can find (or email them) and ask the same question?
The same goes for all ISPs who have not thought of having a
recorded message.

BTMO

"Matty F" <> wrote

>> What the hell couldn't they have just put a recorded message on????

> Of course that is a sensible idea.
> Why don't you do us all a service and phone the highest manager that you
> can find (or email them) and ask the same question?

Because I don't hate them like I hate Telecom...

> The same goes for all ISPs who have not thought of having a recorded
> message.

Normally, they do. We have had outages before, and this is the first time
they haven't put a message on. Everyone deserves a chance...

peterwn

BTMO wrote:

> Normally, they do. We have had outages before, and this is the first time
> they haven't put a message on. Everyone deserves a chance...

Even with a message you have to navigate through a series of speech
recognition menus to find it. And you cannot 'jump' by giving an
answer belonging to a menu further down the tree.

Dave Nelson

Curiously enough I rang about my connection and happened to cough just as
the voice menu drone started - next thing I heard was a recorded message
saying there was an outage in Wellington - go figure!

"Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eb78hs$vpf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> BTMO wrote:
>
>> I was on the phone on hold listening to the music (speaker phones are
>> great ideas!) doing something else for about 1/2 an hour.
>>
>> I finally got through, the dude said "cable broadband, Wellington?"
>>
>> "Yep" says I.
>>
>> "Major outage in the Wellington area - it'll be back just after ten."
>>
>> It was.
>>
>> What the hell couldn't they have just put a recorded message on????

> Of course that is a sensible idea.
> Why don't you do us all a service and phone the highest manager that you
> can find (or email them) and ask the same question?
> The same goes for all ISPs who have not thought of having a recorded
> message.

Calum Bennachie

"peterwn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...

> BTMO wrote:
>
>> Normally, they do. We have had outages before, and this is the first time
>> they haven't put a message on. Everyone deserves a chance...

> Even with a message you have to navigate through a series of speech
> recognition menus to find it. And you cannot 'jump' by giving an
> answer belonging to a menu further down the tree.

I have found that when there is an outage and they have put the recorded
message on, it comes before the speech navigation and several times if you
wait in line, so there is no need to 'jump' anywhere.

Calum