Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Unisys in Wellington - beware unix ppl

Unisys in Wellington - beware unix ppl

Chris Lim

MaHogany wrote:
> Not even a complete sentence quoted eh!

Well, no, why would I bother quoting more than the line with your
spelling mistake??? Oops, sorry, 3 question marks - is that too many?

MaHogany

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 01:36:09 -0700, Chris Lim wrote:

> spelling mistake??? Oops, sorry, 3 question marks - is that too many?

Actually there are four question marks on that line.

Ma Hogany

--
Q: How do I make Windows(TM) go faster?
A: Throw it harder...

Chris Lim

MaHogany wrote:
> > spelling mistake??? Oops, sorry, 3 question marks - is that too many?

> Actually there are four question marks on that line.

Stop it, you know I can't count.

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

"MaHogany" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:06:16 +1200, Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>
>> Likewise, if either Unisys, or EDS, or IBM offer you the best
>> product/service for an IT job and there is no comparable one in New
>> Zealand,
>> would you not use them because they outsource to overseas contractors?

> There are IT outsourcing companies that are entirely NZ owned and also
> based here in NZ, which provide an excellent level of service.
>
> There really is no need to look overseas - as we have excellent IT
> outsourcers based here in NZ.

I agree. But why are these companies not winning the RFPs then?

--

Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,

Jo

"Chris Lim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> MaHogany wrote:
>> should consider taking its business elseware - and leaving within our

> For someone who criticises others about their writing skills, you are
> pretty careless.

I would not worry about it. I was right and he knew it, so therefore he
picked on a terrible grammatical error.

MaHogany

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 02:06:37 -0700, Chris Lim wrote:

> MaHogany wrote:
>> > spelling mistake??? Oops, sorry, 3 question marks - is that too many?

>> Actually there are four question marks on that line.

> Stop it, you know I can't count.

LOL!

Ma Hogany

--
Q: How do I make Windows(TM) go faster?
A: Throw it harder...

MaHogany

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:29:56 +1200, Jo wrote:

> I was right and he knew it

In what way were you right?

Next minute you'll be suggesting that you were good and just too.

LOL!

Ma Hogany

--
Q: How do I make Windows(TM) go faster?
A: Throw it harder...

MaHogany

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:57:08 +1200, Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:

>> There really is no need to look overseas - as we have excellent IT
>> outsourcers based here in NZ.
>>

> I agree. But why are these companies not winning the RFPs then?

How do you know they are not? After all the second largest (and growing)
of the outsourcing companies in NZ does not advertise for business.

Ma Hogany

--
Q: How do I make Windows(TM) go faster?
A: Throw it harder...

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

"MaHogany" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:57:08 +1200, Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>
>>> There really is no need to look overseas - as we have excellent IT
>>> outsourcers based here in NZ.
>>>

>> I agree. But why are these companies not winning the RFPs then?

> How do you know they are not? After all the second largest (and growing)
> of the outsourcing companies in NZ does not advertise for business.

I know of some. Alas, I am pretty sure some of my NDAs in previous projects
prevent me saying all that I know.

Full disclosure: I worked for Unisys for 16 years (8 years in New Zealand)
before leaving on my own decision to run Geekzone full time.