Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > AIOE News Server - Connection problems over last few days?

AIOE News Server - Connection problems over last few days?

Alan

Hi All,

I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.

Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?

Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am
just interested!

Thanks,

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

Mike Dee

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:earejn$laf$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.
>
> Has anyone else had the same problem?

Yes, according to people in alt.free.newsservers there are problems
with getting news from aioe.org over the past few days, the
descriptions given are similar to yours.

--
dee

Alan

"Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:earejn$laf$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the
>> weekend.
>>
>> Has anyone else had the same problem?

> Yes, according to people in alt.free.newsservers there are problems
> with getting news from aioe.org over the past few days, the
> descriptions given are similar to yours.
>
> --
> dee

Thanks Mike,

I will know to check that group in future (on google!)

Regards,

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

(E-Mail Removed)

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

Sharktbbtfy

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:earejn$laf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.
>
> Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
> problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?
>
> Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am just
> interested!

Yep, I had trouble too so have gone to reader.greatnowhere.com who so far
are all good.

--
Sharktbbtfy

Alan

"Sharktbbtfy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44d1879f$0$29237$(E-Mail Removed) .com...

> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:earejn$laf$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the
>> weekend.
>>
>> Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
>> problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?
>>
>> Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am
>> just interested!

> Yep, I had trouble too so have gone to reader.greatnowhere.com who
> so far are all good.
>

> --
> Sharktbbtfy

If you remember, could you post back here with an update on that
server's reliability in a week (say)?

I would be interested to hear.

Up to now, I have found AIOE to be quite reliable with only short
outages ocassionally.

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:eas62p$9d6$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Sharktbbtfy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44d1879f$0$29237$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>>
>> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:earejn$laf$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
>>> problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?
>>>
>>> Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am just
>>> interested!

>> Yep, I had trouble too so have gone to reader.greatnowhere.com who so far
>> are all good.
>>

>> --
>> Sharktbbtfy
>>

> If you remember, could you post back here with an update on that server's
> reliability in a week (say)?
>
> I would be interested to hear.
>
> Up to now, I have found AIOE to be quite reliable with only short outages
> ocassionally.

no worries

--
Sharktbbtfy

Sharktbbtfy

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:eas62p$9d6$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Sharktbbtfy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44d1879f$0$29237$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>>
>> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:earejn$laf$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
>>> problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?
>>>
>>> Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am just
>>> interested!

>> Yep, I had trouble too so have gone to reader.greatnowhere.com who so far
>> are all good.
>>

>> --
>> Sharktbbtfy
>>

> If you remember, could you post back here with an update on that server's
> reliability in a week (say)?

Time's up!

> I would be interested to hear.
>
> Up to now, I have found AIOE to be quite reliable with only short outages
> ocassionally.

This newsserver has been pretty good. The occasional slowdown and occasional
'server cannot be found'. Just like Xtra, really!

I'm off to slingshot soon but that's due to my Xtra protest for dropping the
groups and they're cheaper albeit a bit slower.

--
Sharktbbtfy