Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WinRAR 3.51 free to DL on Sunday

WinRAR 3.51 free to DL on Sunday

Mike Dee

<quote>
WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.

Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page to
determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
<end-quote>

http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/002491.html

--
dee

Ray Greene

Cool!

Thanks for that.

--
Ray Greene

Robert Feigel

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, Mike Dee
<(E-Mail Removed)> magnanimously proffered:

><quote>
>WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
>the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
>
>Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page to
>determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
><end-quote>
>
>http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/002491.html

Direct link to form: http://www.win-rar.com/bestoverallutility/

I filled in the data. Got an email reply and giving me a link to
download the key file. Put file into temp folder to scan for viruses.
Clean. Next step is to download WinRAR 3.51 from:
http://www.rarlabs.com/ .

You might find both sites a bit busy though ... patience.

miguellint@yahoo.com

Mike Dee wrote:

> <quote>
> WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
> the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
>
> Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page to
> determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
> <end-quote>
>
> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/002491.html
>
> --
> dee

Mucho gracias Mike

Regards
Miguel

Ralph Fox

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, in message <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Mike Dee wrote:

> <quote>
> WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
> the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
>
> Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page to
> determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
> <end-quote>
>
> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/002491.html

Thanks.

The site _is_ busy.

| Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Too many connections in
| /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php on line 45
| Too many connections
| Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at
| /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php:45) in
| /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/check.php on line 99

Vista

"Ralph Fox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, in message
> <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Mike Dee wrote:
>
>> <quote>
>> WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
>> the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
>>
>> Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page
>> determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
>> <end-quote>
>>
>> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/002491.html

> Thanks.
>
> The site _is_ busy.
>
> | Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Too many
> connections in
> | /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php
> on line 45
> | Too many connections
> | Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at
> |
> /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php:45)
> in
> | /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/check.php on
> line 99

Try again, I got that, and redid it and then it worked.

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:12:33 +1200, in message <1154243350.512693@ftpsrv1>,
Vista wrote:

> "Ralph Fox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, in message
> > <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> > Mike Dee wrote:
> >
> >> <quote>
> >> WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
> >> the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
> >>
> >> Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page
> >> determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
> >> <end-quote>
> >>
> >> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/002491.html

> > Thanks.
> >
> > The site _is_ busy.
> >
> > | Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Too many
> > connections in
> > | /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php
> > on line 45
> > | Too many connections
> > | Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> > (output started at
> > |
> > /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php:45)
> > in
> > | /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/check.php on
> > line 99
> >

> Try again, I got that, and redid it and then it worked.

Took about 4 goes to request the email, and 20 goes to
download the key from the emailed link.

GraB

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:35:23 +0000, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Try again, I got that, and redid it and then it worked.

>Took about 4 goes to request the email, and 20 goes to
>download the key from the emailed link.

I got the key after a few goes. I presume I download the shareware
version of Winrar 3.51 from Tucows, etc, and the key works with that?
Can't get to the www.win-rar.com page.

Mike Dee

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:41:08 +1200, GraB wrote:

>>Took about 4 goes to request the email, and 20 goes to download the key
>>from the emailed link.
>>

> I got the key after a few goes. I presume I download the shareware
> version of Winrar 3.51 from Tucows, etc, and the key works with that?
> Can't get to the www.win-rar.com page.

Tucows doesn't archive files, they tend to get them from the originating
site anyway AFAIK.

But yes the shareware version version 3.51 is what you get, it becomes a
fully registered version once you run the .rar key that you were given.

You can DL from the WinRAR site in the future (from today) if you can't
get in right now. The key you've been given will still work then as long
as it's for the 3.51 vers.

Getting the key is the prime objective, and you've done that.

--
dee

~misfit~

Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, in message
> <(E-Mail Removed) >, Mike Dee wrote:
>
> > <quote>
> > WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
> > the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely
> > FREE.
> >
> > Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock
> > page to
> > determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
> > <end-quote>
> >
> > http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/002491.html

> Thanks.
>
> The site _is_ busy.
>
> > Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Too many
> > connections in
> >

> > /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php
> > on line 45 Too many connections Warning: Cannot modify header
> > information - headers already sent by (output started at
> > /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php:45)
> > in
> > /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/check.php
> > on line 99