Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > 3D prototyping

3D prototyping

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Another article <http://www.agoravox.com/article.php3?id_article=5006> on
the idea of personalized manufacturing machines, which have been bubbling
along in the research labs for many years now. One sentence caught my eye:

RepRappers are currently in an advanced stage of working the bugs out
of their first open source prototyping machine in New Zealand.

Anybody heard any more about this?

Nik Coughlin

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> Another article
> <http://www.agoravox.com/article.php3?id_article=5006> on the idea of
> personalized manufacturing machines, which have been bubbling along
> in the research labs for many years now. One sentence caught my eye:
>
> RepRappers are currently in an advanced stage of working the bugs
> out of their first open source prototyping machine in New Zealand.
>
> Anybody heard any more about this?

http://reprap.org/

Nik Coughlin

Nik Coughlin wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> Another article
>> <http://www.agoravox.com/article.php3?id_article=5006> on the idea of
>> personalized manufacturing machines, which have been bubbling along
>> in the research labs for many years now. One sentence caught my eye:
>>
>> RepRappers are currently in an advanced stage of working the bugs
>> out of their first open source prototyping machine in New Zealand.
>>
>> Anybody heard any more about this?

Oops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RepRap