Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Wgtn TV reception

Wgtn TV reception

Sticky

I'm moving to an area that is not direct line of sight for Kaukau, but
is for Fitzherbert. Does anyone know if I use the same aerial for both.
Is there a site giving details of Channel numbers and which signals are
transmitted from Fitz?

--
Jim

cyril

Sticky wrote:
> I'm moving to an area that is not direct line of sight for Kaukau, but
> is for Fitzherbert. Does anyone know if I use the same aerial for both.
> Is there a site giving details of Channel numbers and which signals are
> transmitted from Fitz?
>
> --
> Jim

Only TV3 is on Fitz, Ch42V, also there is Skys analog service, on
30,34,54,58,62

Malcolm Moore

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:44:33 +1200, Sticky <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I'm moving to an area that is not direct line of sight for Kaukau, but
>is for Fitzherbert. Does anyone know if I use the same aerial for both.
>Is there a site giving details of Channel numbers and which signals are
>transmitted from Fitz?

Hi,

<http://www.lincrad.co.nz/transmitters.htm>

might help.

--
Regards
Malcolm

Bad Smell

cyril wrote:
> Sticky wrote:
>> I'm moving to an area that is not direct line of sight for Kaukau, but
>> is for Fitzherbert. Does anyone know if I use the same aerial for both.
>> Is there a site giving details of Channel numbers and which signals are
>> transmitted from Fitz?
>>
>> --
>> Jim

> Only TV3 is on Fitz, Ch42V, also there is Skys analog service, on
> 30,34,54,58,62

If your talking about Fitzherbert in Waniuiomata:
TV1 channel 7
TV2 channel 9
TV3 channel 11
Prime channel 46
Maori channel 60?
C4 channel 2 (from Kaukau

Most are on VHF-H band or UHF so the 3m loop aerial isn't really needed
unless you want to get C4

Sticky

Bad Smell wrote:
> cyril wrote:
>> Sticky wrote:
>>> I'm moving to an area that is not direct line of sight for Kaukau, but
>>> is for Fitzherbert. Does anyone know if I use the same aerial for both.
>>> Is there a site giving details of Channel numbers and which signals are
>>> transmitted from Fitz?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jim

>> Only TV3 is on Fitz, Ch42V, also there is Skys analog service, on
>> 30,34,54,58,62
>>

> If your talking about Fitzherbert in Waniuiomata:
> TV1 channel 7
> TV2 channel 9
> TV3 channel 11
> Prime channel 46
> Maori channel 60?
> C4 channel 2 (from Kaukau
>
> Most are on VHF-H band or UHF so the 3m loop aerial isn't really needed
> unless you want to get C4

Thanks for the info guys. However it seems there is still some
confusion. The Lincrad site (http://www.lincrad.co.nz/transmitters.htm)
doesn't mention TV1, TV2, Prime, or Maori.

I reckon from driving around the area that sufficient of the aerials are
VHF(-H) and since they point to Fitzherbert then the above info is accurate.

--
Jim

Nho Whei

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:24:06 +1200, Bad Smell <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>cyril wrote:
>> Sticky wrote:
>>> I'm moving to an area that is not direct line of sight for Kaukau, but
>>> is for Fitzherbert. Does anyone know if I use the same aerial for both.
>>> Is there a site giving details of Channel numbers and which signals are
>>> transmitted from Fitz?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jim

>> Only TV3 is on Fitz, Ch42V, also there is Skys analog service, on
>> 30,34,54,58,62
>>

>If your talking about Fitzherbert in Waniuiomata:
>TV1 channel 7
>TV2 channel 9
>TV3 channel 11
>Prime channel 46
>Maori channel 60?
>C4 channel 2 (from Kaukau
>
>Most are on VHF-H band or UHF so the 3m loop aerial isn't really needed
>unless you want to get C4

And Triangle Wellington on Ch41.