Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > viruses

viruses

brazen

Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
couple of days?

Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...

Gay

EMB

brazen wrote:
> Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
> couple of days?
>
> Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...

Lots of them - our mailserver is catching more than usual

Gib Bogle

brazen wrote:

> Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
> couple of days?
>
> Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...
>
> Gay

The spam catcher at work has been trapping emails supposedly from
domains like bestbuy.com and amazon.com, with .exe content. I haven't
seen these before.

thingy

brazen wrote:
> Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
> couple of days?
>
> Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...
>
> Gay

yep.....

Got through our 3 levels of virus defences.....nasty....social
engineering, they now many firewalls block .exe's so sent it as a
..zip....complete with kernel32.dll "update" inside....

regards

Thing

Who Am I

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> brazen wrote:
> > Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
> > couple of days?
> >
> > Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...
> >
> > Gay
> >

> yep.....
>
> Got through our 3 levels of virus defences.....nasty....social
> engineering, they now many firewalls block .exe's so sent it as a
> .zip....complete with kernel32.dll "update" inside....
>
> regards
>
> Thing

(troll) Bugger, I run a Mac so I don't get all this fun (/Troll)

thingy

Who Am I wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>brazen wrote:
>>
>>>Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
>>>couple of days?
>>>
>>>Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...
>>>
>>>Gay
>>>

>>yep.....
>>
>>Got through our 3 levels of virus defences.....nasty....social
>>engineering, they now many firewalls block .exe's so sent it as a
>>.zip....complete with kernel32.dll "update" inside....
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Thing

> (troll) Bugger, I run a Mac so I don't get all this fun (/Troll)

<troll> I run a linux box so I could strings it to look inside safely
</troll>

regards

Thing

Who Am I

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Who Am I wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >>yep.....
> >>
> >>Got through our 3 levels of virus defences.....nasty....social
> >>engineering, they now many firewalls block .exe's so sent it as a
> >>.zip....complete with kernel32.dll "update" inside....
> >>
> >>regards
> >>
> >>Thing

> > (troll) Bugger, I run a Mac so I don't get all this fun (/Troll)

> <troll> I run a linux box so I could strings it to look inside safely
> </troll>
>
> regards
>
> Thing

<troll> The Mac can do exactly the same.... just better </troll>

Can Viruses infect .AVI files??? Smiley Computer Support 109 05-17-2011 02:00 PM
Will Mozilla stop viruses? P T Firefox 8 10-05-2004 12:55 AM
OT: Kerpal is now authoring viruses ! Paul Lynch MCSE 2 06-04-2004 07:02 PM
Re: spam and viruses Dave Computer Support 5 07-01-2003 10:21 PM
Re: spam and viruses Brian H Computer Support 3 07-01-2003 09:01 PM

Advertisments