Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Even More Fun with Telecom

Even More Fun with Telecom

Brendan

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:11:02 +1200, Komrade Klark wrote:

>> I think our communist cross dresser clown here is having a bit of a paddy.
>> You watch, he'll throw his toys out of the cot soon and scream the house
>> down.
>>

> You didn't answer my question did you!

You only madly rant like some immature child.

>But clearly the answer was yes.

Yes, you have indeed thrown your toys out of the cot.

--

.... Brendan

Our ice cream man was found lying on the floor of his van covered with hundreds and thousands.
Police say that he topped himself.

Note: All my comments are copyright 31/07/2006 1:22:30 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

a_l_p

Brendan wrote:

> Yup, definitely: he's having a tantrum. A wee tanty...
>
> ****ing newbies...
>
> Anyone else detecting an increasingly desperate tone to his posts ? It's
> like he's too stupid to just shut up, yet knows he cannot win.
>
> His only hope is that I'll get bored with him, and he knows it.

They're always like this when they're teething.

A L P

~misfit~

a_l_p wrote:
> Brendan wrote:
>

> > Yup, definitely: he's having a tantrum. A wee tanty...
> >
> > ****ing newbies...
> >
> > Anyone else detecting an increasingly desperate tone to his posts ?
> > It's like he's too stupid to just shut up, yet knows he cannot win.
> >
> > His only hope is that I'll get bored with him, and he knows it.
> >

> They're always like this when they're teething.

LOL. I distinctly remember it stamping it's little foot and saying it was
going away, or at least not answering posts, well, only sometimes.....

Decisive huh?
--
Shaun.

Don Hills

In article <1154255551.846230@ftpsrv1>,
Komrade Klark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Goofball... so how's the cheer leading working out for you then?

I had to give up goofball, I can't kick as hard as I used to. As for the
cheerleading, same story - I can't kick as high as I used to. Getting old
can be a bitch sometimes.

preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

Brendan

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:44:53 +1200, a_l_p wrote:

>> His only hope is that I'll get bored with him, and he knows it.
>>

> They're always like this when they're teething.

Yes, he's been grizzly for weeks...

--

.... Brendan

#151227 +(4227)- [X]

IronChef Foicite: well, there's a lot of reasons
IronChef Foicite: i mean, roses only last like a couple weeks
IronChef Foicite: and that's if you leave them in water
IronChef Foicite: and they really only exist to be pretty
IronChef Foicite: so that's like saying
IronChef Foicite: "my love for you is transitory and based solely on your
appearance"
IronChef Foicite: but a potato!
IronChef Foicite: potatos last for ****ing ever, man
IronChef Foicite: in fact, not only will they not rot, they actually grow
**** even if you just leave them in the sack
IronChef Foicite: that part alone makes it a good symbol
IronChef Foicite: but there's more!
IronChef Foicite: there are so many ways to enjoy a potato! you can even
make a battery with it!
IronChef Foicite: and that's like saying "i have many ways in which I show
my love for you"
IronChef Foicite: and potatos may be ugly, but they're still awesome
IronChef Foicite: so that's like saying "it doesn't matter at all what you
look like, I'll still love you"

Note: All my comments are copyright 31/07/2006 11:49:32 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Brendan

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:20:16 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

> LOL. I distinctly remember it stamping it's little foot and saying it was
> going away, or at least not answering posts, well, only sometimes.....
>
> Decisive huh?

Yeah he did too! lol, what an arse!

We all have to be very careful though: he's going to report us. To our
ISP's. For abuse.

Yeah, I thought that would make you choke - this dick has done nothing BUT
abuse us, and then cries foul when he gets some back!

Classic case of momma's boy syndrome methinks...

--

.... Brendan

Two fat blokes in a pub, one says to the other "Your round." The
other one says "So are you, you fat bast**d!"

Note: All my comments are copyright 31/07/2006 11:50:31 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

RayC

All phone call details are recorded for a set time including cellphone
calls.

Depends on the exchange backup tape rotation sequence.

Only chargeable calls are billed.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geopelia wrote:
>> Telecom have been helpful about the False 111 call nobody here made, but
>> say it was made on our line. All I can think is that our cordless phone
>> somehow got involved, or perhaps the computer. It's a mystery. We do get
>> the odd crossed line with the cordless phone.
>>
>> I only hope if a genuine 111 call gets involved with our line, the
>> emergency people will be able to respond quickly to whoever wants them.
>> They are very good when we need the ambulance ourselves.
>>
>> Telecom say we can get Faults to look at the line, so if it happens again
>> I will do that.

> Ask for a recording of the call, since all 111 calls are recorded.

> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Geopelia wrote:
> >> Telecom have been helpful about the False 111 call nobody here made,

but
> >> say it was made on our line. All I can think is that our cordless phone
> >> somehow got involved, or perhaps the computer. It's a mystery. We do

get
> >> the odd crossed line with the cordless phone.
> >>
> >> I only hope if a genuine 111 call gets involved with our line, the
> >> emergency people will be able to respond quickly to whoever wants them.
> >> They are very good when we need the ambulance ourselves.
> >>
> >> Telecom say we can get Faults to look at the line, so if it happens

again
> >> I will do that.

> > Ask for a recording of the call, since all 111 calls are recorded.

Have you noticed that, with the way the keys are arranged (the opposite way
to calculators) the most likely number to be tapped out by a baby crawling
round the place who comes to a phone is 111? Any repeated number, like the
English 999 or the Australian 000 will suffer a similar, tho' lesser, chance
of incorrect dialling. For once the Yanks - with their 911 - appear to have
made a sensible decision. In this case the tape is unlikely to show much.

geopelia

> > "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> but

> get

> again
> > >
> > > Ask for a recording of the call, since all 111 calls are recorded.

> Have you noticed that, with the way the keys are arranged (the opposite way
> to calculators) the most likely number to be tapped out by a baby crawling
> round the place who comes to a phone is 111? Any repeated number, like the
> English 999 or the Australian 000 will suffer a similar, tho' lesser, chance
> of incorrect dialling. For once the Yanks - with their 911 - appear to have
> made a sensible decision. In this case the tape is unlikely to show much.

In England when I was there, the emergency number was 999.
With the old type dialling, that was easiest, as 111 was here. With a
push button phone, it doesn't really matter which is chosen.

EMB

geopelia wrote:

> In England when I was there, the emergency number was 999.
> With the old type dialling, that was easiest, as 111 was here. With a
> push button phone, it doesn't really matter which is chosen.

It was done to be the longest sequence of decadic (or in our case
reverse decadic) dialling pulses so as to minimise accidental emergency
calls due to people accidentally moving the receiver when the phone was
on hook.