Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > TelstraClear Doubles Cable Speed Free.

TelstraClear Doubles Cable Speed Free.

The Biker

Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
now it's going to be brilliant.

Chris Lim

The Biker wrote:
> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
> now it's going to be brilliant.

A-hole! I'm jealous

thingy

The Biker wrote:
> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
> now it's going to be brilliant.

really? I am finding that my new 2meg account is slower than my old 256k
account....probably because I was one of the last people on the paradise
network but I am now on the conjested Clear network...

regards

Thing

Don Hills

In article <44c54ad5$(E-Mail Removed)>, "The Biker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
>the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
>speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
>now it's going to be brilliant.

I'm not impressed with the change. For me it means a change of (static) IP
address, and if what I've read here is accurate, they'll be renoving the
charging differential between local and international traffic as well as
changing from the old, accurate, detailed usage meter to one that's as bad
as the one used for ADSL. I hope I'm wrong on that.

preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

Shank

Don Hills wrote:
> In article <44c54ad5$(E-Mail Removed)>, "The Biker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
>> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
>> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
>> now it's going to be brilliant.

> I'm not impressed with the change. For me it means a change of (static) IP
> address, and if what I've read here is accurate, they'll be renoving the
> charging differential between local and international traffic as well as
> changing from the old, accurate, detailed usage meter to one that's as bad
> as the one used for ADSL. I hope I'm wrong on that.

I've found my speed is fine most of the time (except when Paradise does
their monthly "maintenance" and everything goes belly-up for 6 hrs), but
the change in the national/international cap really pees me off.

--
Rob

My mind not only wanders; sometimes it leaves completely.

Shane

thingy wrote:

> The Biker wrote:
>> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
>> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
>> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
>> now it's going to be brilliant.
>>

> really? I am finding that my new 2meg account is slower than my old 256k
> account....probably because I was one of the last people on the paradise
> network but I am now on the conjested Clear network...
>
> regards
>
> Thing

I find on my connection (IHug 2Mb/s) I get max throughput in the mornings
(8am - 10am) and on saturday nights!!!

--
Rule 6: There is no rule 6

Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

thingy

Shane wrote:
> thingy wrote:
>

>>The Biker wrote:
>>
>>>Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
>>>the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
>>>speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
>>>now it's going to be brilliant.
>>>

>>really? I am finding that my new 2meg account is slower than my old 256k
>>account....probably because I was one of the last people on the paradise
>>network but I am now on the conjested Clear network...
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Thing

> I find on my connection (IHug 2Mb/s) I get max throughput in the mornings
> (8am - 10am) and on saturday nights!!!

I have been digging through munin and it registers 1.7meg on
occasion...still feels like a dog though....

regards

Thing

The Biker

"Chris Lim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> The Biker wrote:
>> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
>> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
>> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
>> now it's going to be brilliant.

> A-hole! I'm jealous

Grin...na na na na na.....

The Biker

"thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Biker wrote:
>> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
>> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
>> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
>> now it's going to be brilliant.
>>

> really? I am finding that my new 2meg account is slower than my old 256k
> account....probably because I was one of the last people on the paradise
> network but I am now on the conjested Clear network...
>
> regards
>
> Thing

Yeah mine was too until I realised they had me on the slower (256) not the
2Mbps.
Once they fixed it yippeeeeeeee fassstttt

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> In article <44c54ad5$(E-Mail Removed)>, "The Biker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
> >the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
> >speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
> >now it's going to be brilliant.

> I'm not impressed with the change. For me it means a change of (static) IP
> address, and if what I've read here is accurate, they'll be renoving the

Have you not changed over from the original, original plan??? Or are
you saying it is *another* change in IP?

Is it a big deal? - changing IP? I made *one* change on my Server.

> charging differential between local and international traffic as well as
> changing from the old, accurate, detailed usage meter to one that's as bad
> as the one used for ADSL. I hope I'm wrong on that.

Same as above, what plan are you on? - this is the case for most of us
already. How much NZ traffic do you really dl anyway (certainly for me,
most of mine is international).

--
Duncan

TelstraClear new digital cable TV service... nospam NZ Computing 52 08-27-2005 05:49 AM
floats doubles long doubles dan C++ 1 11-26-2003 05:12 AM
Telstraclear cable in auckland? Carl Elphick NZ Computing 4 08-26-2003 05:47 AM

Advertisments