Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Where can one get high quality roller mice

Where can one get high quality roller mice

Julian Visch

Preferably 3 button, I can only find the latest microsoft craze, e.g. 2
button with scroll optical which I don't want.

zipdisk@clearxxxx.net.nz

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:46:00 +1200, Julian Visch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Preferably 3 button, I can only find the latest microsoft craze, e.g. 2
>button with scroll optical which I don't want.

Roller Mice are not High Quality at all, Full Stop..

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:14:37 +1200, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:(E-Mail Removed) >:

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:46:00 +1200, Julian Visch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Preferably 3 button, I can only find the latest microsoft craze, e.g. 2
>>button with scroll optical which I don't want.

> Roller Mice are not High Quality at all, Full Stop..

Spoken by a true weasel - who knows whereof he speaks.
BWAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahaha!

--
Die dulci fruere,
Nicolaas.

.... The severity of an itch is inversely proportional to one's ability to
reach it.

SchoolTech

Julian Visch wrote:
> Preferably 3 button, I can only find the latest microsoft craze, e.g. 2
> button with scroll optical which I don't want.

Nothing wrong with optical, I can't see any situation where a ballmouse
would be better than optical.

Jo

"SchoolTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44c955b6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Julian Visch wrote:
>> Preferably 3 button, I can only find the latest microsoft craze, e.g. 2
>> button with scroll optical which I don't want.

> Nothing wrong with optical, I can't see any situation where a ballmouse
> would be better than optical.

Only problem I get is when the rats in the cage next to my desk moult,
optical mouse gets full of shedding rat fur. Unfortunately as punny and as
funny as it seems, rat hair and mice dont mix.

jasen

On 2006-07-28, SchoolTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Nothing wrong with optical, I can't see any situation where a ballmouse
> would be better than optical.

transparent glass tabletop ?

logitec (i think) did did one with wheels instead of a ball too.

Bye.
Jasen

Ralph Fox

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:09:27 +1200, in message <44c955b6$(E-Mail Removed)>,
SchoolTech wrote:

> Julian Visch wrote:
> > Preferably 3 button, I can only find the latest microsoft craze, e.g. 2
> > button with scroll optical which I don't want.

> Nothing wrong with optical, I can't see any situation where a ballmouse
> would be better than optical.

If the desk I am working at has an optical mouse, often as not
the mouse pointer will intermittently jump to one corner of
the screen.

I can cure the problem by unplugging the optical mouse
and plugging in my own roller mouse.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.

zipdisk@clearxxxx.net.nz

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:56:47 -0000, jasen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2006-07-28, SchoolTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Nothing wrong with optical, I can't see any situation where a ballmouse
>> would be better than optical.

>transparent glass tabletop ?

Yes the Logitech ones work on Glass.

zipdisk@clearxxxx.net.nz

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:52:21 +0000, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:09:27 +1200, in message <44c955b6$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>SchoolTech wrote:
>
>> Julian Visch wrote:
>> > Preferably 3 button, I can only find the latest microsoft craze, e.g. 2
>> > button with scroll optical which I don't want.

>> Nothing wrong with optical, I can't see any situation where a ballmouse
>> would be better than optical.

>If the desk I am working at has an optical mouse, often as not
>the mouse pointer will intermittently jump to one corner of
>the screen.

Yes but what crap brand is it...?

SchoolTech wrote:

> Julian Visch wrote:
>> Preferably 3 button, I can only find the latest microsoft craze, e.g. 2
>> button with scroll optical which I don't want.

> Nothing wrong with optical, I can't see any situation where a ballmouse
> would be better than optical.

They are too sluggish, i.e. don't move as freely as a high quality roller,
I have tried all optical I can find and they are frankly sluggish