Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > "Open" MP3 title from Sony on Yahoo

"Open" MP3 title from Sony on Yahoo

Wai

"As you know, we've been publicly trying to convince record labels that they
should be selling MP3s for a while now."

"Our position is simple: DRM doesn't add any value for the artist, label
(who are selling DRM-free music every day - the Compact Disc), or consumer,
the only people it adds value to are the technology companies who are
interested in locking consumers to a particular technology platform."

Shank

Wai wrote:
> "As you know, we've been publicly trying to convince record labels that they
> should be selling MP3s for a while now."
>
> "Our position is simple: DRM doesn't add any value for the artist, label
> (who are selling DRM-free music every day - the Compact Disc), or consumer,
> the only people it adds value to are the technology companies who are
> interested in locking consumers to a particular technology platform."

It would be nice if they put up something that folk might actually want
to listen to. Jessica Simpson? ooooog.

And at double the price of DRM enabled downloads as well.

--
Rob

One reason to smile is that every seven minutes of every day, someone in
an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.

steve

Wai wrote:

> "As you know, we've been publicly trying to convince record labels that
> they should be selling MP3s for a while now."
>
> "Our position is simple: DRM doesn't add any value for the artist, label
> (who are selling DRM-free music every day - the Compact Disc), or
> consumer, the only people it adds value to are the technology companies
> who are interested in locking consumers to a particular technology
> platform."

Good to hear it. Now the price need only be right.