Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Sky decoder default channel

Sky decoder default channel

The Other Guy

A while ago someone posted instructions on how to programme the Sky
Digital boxes to turn on to a specific channel. Due to our decoder being
replaced (again!), I need to set this up again.

Does anyone have the instructions to post?

I did a quick search on Google Groups, but had no luck.

Thanks,

The Other Guy

Invisible

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:33:39 +1200, The Other Guy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A while ago someone posted instructions on how to programme the Sky
>Digital boxes to turn on to a specific channel. Due to our decoder being
>replaced (again!), I need to set this up again.
>
>Does anyone have the instructions to post?
>
>I did a quick search on Google Groups, but had no luck.
>
>Thanks,
>
>The Other Guy

It was in nz.tech, I still have it saved for reference

"place receiver in standby mode and use remote to enter 10102020"

The Other Guy

Invisible wrote:
> It was in nz.tech, I still have it saved for reference
>
> "place receiver in standby mode and use remote to enter 10102020"

Thanks! All fixed up now.

The Other Guy

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Invisible wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:33:39 +1200, The Other Guy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>A while ago someone posted instructions on how to programme the Sky
>>Digital boxes to turn on to a specific channel. Due to our decoder being
>>replaced (again!), I need to set this up again.
>>
>>Does anyone have the instructions to post?
>>
>>I did a quick search on Google Groups, but had no luck.

> It was in nz.tech, I still have it saved for reference
>
> "place receiver in standby mode and use remote to enter 10102020"

The only mention I could find was in nz.general
<groups.google.co.nz/groups?selm=(E-Mail Removed)>.

Invisible

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:59:39 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

>In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Invisible wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:33:39 +1200, The Other Guy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>A while ago someone posted instructions on how to programme the Sky
>>>Digital boxes to turn on to a specific channel. Due to our decoder being
>>>replaced (again!), I need to set this up again.
>>>
>>>Does anyone have the instructions to post?
>>>
>>>I did a quick search on Google Groups, but had no luck.

>> It was in nz.tech, I still have it saved for reference
>>
>> "place receiver in standby mode and use remote to enter 10102020"

>The only mention I could find was in nz.general
><groups.google.co.nz/groups?selm=(E-Mail Removed)>.

Odd, I can't find any posts in the nz.tech thread - the entire thing is gone
from Google groups. The subject header was "Sky phoneline connection - really
needed?" and the Message-ID: <b6oh06$i5d$(E-Mail Removed)>