Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ihug up for sale

Ihug up for sale

paul@ilovebiscuits.com

from Computerworld:

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...2571B10004B85A

Ihug has been put for sale a mere three years after Australian ISP
iiNet purchased it. According to iiNet executive chairman Peter Harley,
the decision to sell iiNet was made after what he called a large number
of "unsolicted approaches" to buy the Kiwi provider.

Mike Dee

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:54:49 -0700, paul wrote:

> from Computerworld:
>
> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...2571B10004B85A
>
> Ihug has been put for sale

[...]
> the decision to sell iiNet

[...]
> of "unsolicted ..."

The guy who wrote this either needs to take a holiday or start using a
badly needed grammar and spelling checker.

Interesting story though. Thanks for the link.

--
dee

Vista

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> from Computerworld:
>
> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...2571B10004B85A
>
> Ihug has been put for sale a mere three years after Australian ISP
> iiNet purchased it. According to iiNet executive chairman Peter Harley,
> the decision to sell iiNet was made after what he called a large number
> of "unsolicted approaches" to buy the Kiwi provider.

Well I wonder if they are now going to keep the promises of the investment
they made before unbundling. I doubt it.

Nova

> from Computerworld:
>
> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...2571B10004B85A
>
> Ihug has been put for sale a mere three years after Australian ISP
> iiNet purchased it. According to iiNet executive chairman Peter Harley,
> the decision to sell iiNet was made after what he called a large number
> of "unsolicted approaches" to buy the Kiwi provider.

Apparently Orcon are keen on buying it.

Mutley

Mike Dee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:54:49 -0700, paul wrote:
>
>> from Computerworld:
>>
>> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...2571B10004B85A
>>
>> Ihug has been put for sale

>[...]
>> the decision to sell iiNet

>[...]
>> of "unsolicted ..."

>The guy who wrote this either needs to take a holiday or start using a
>badly needed grammar and spelling checker.
>
>Interesting story though. Thanks for the link.

Looks like Orcon is very interested in ihug

juicyjuice

> Apparently Orcon are keen on buying it.

Might be a good thing, get rid of that islug name too i reckon -
was considering coverting to orcon anyway this week.

a_l_p

juicyjuice wrote:
>>Apparently Orcon are keen on buying it.

> Might be a good thing, get rid of that islug name too i reckon -
> was considering coverting to orcon anyway this week.

And if their policy was to exceed telecom's standard of service by the smallest
margin they could get away with, they could call themselves Icon U2.

A L P