Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Aston, a Russisn Windows Shell

Aston, a Russisn Windows Shell

XPD

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.astonshell.com/aston/192/
>

> Top 5 reasons to switch to Aston

Come up with some new software...... Aston has been around for a few years
now.
Or are you being paid by them to advertise ? :-p

zipdisk@clearxxxx.net.nz

http://www.astonshell.com/aston/192/

Top 5 reasons to switch to Aston

Speed.
Most desktop enhancement software tools slow down your system, consuming
additional memory and processor resources. Unlike these tools, Aston
completely replaces your old desktop and releases your computer's resources
for other tasks. Aston runs nicely on systems that labor with the normal
Windows XP desktop.
Reliability.
Tested extensively on numerous computers Aston is known to be the most stable
program of this kind. It's much more stable than competing programs and even
the native Windows 98 and Me desktop.
Power.
Whether you have Windows XP or Windows 98, Aston runs smoothly on any system,
providing you with additional toolbars, launch panels and other useful
components, allowing you to get more control on your system.
Beauty.
Aston looks great out of the box and if you want more, you can get free Themes
from our Themes section or one of numerous related sites. You can change the
look and feel of your Desktop with few mouse clicks.
Flexibility.
Create your own desktop and make it look and behave the way you like. That's
the main idea behind Aston. Bind hotkeys, tweak desktop components, instal
plugins, never lose control over your desktop. No wizardry here, everything is
simple. Even if you're not an experienced designer or programmer, you can
create your own desktop the way you want it, not like someone else does.

Shank

> http://www.astonshell.com/aston/192/

Another shell replacement that looks like it was designed by a schoolboy.

Jeez, I'm trying to get rid of all the crap on my desktop, not add more.

--
Rob

Stop playing that leather Euphonium and listen to me!

-=rjh=-

Shank wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> http://www.astonshell.com/aston/192/
>>

> Another shell replacement that looks like it was designed by a schoolboy.
>
> Jeez, I'm trying to get rid of all the crap on my desktop, not add more.

Trying to see how it differs from any of the OSS replacements - like
bblean, etc, (which don't cost ~US$30.00)

(BTW bblean will clean your desktop up nicely )

And how does it compete with Stardock's skins and extensions, which have
been around for years.

Still, an interesting link, thanks to the OP.

zipdisk@clearxxxx.net.nz

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:12:43 +1200, -=rjh=- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Shank wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.astonshell.com/aston/192/
>>>

>> Another shell replacement that looks like it was designed by a schoolboy.
>>
>> Jeez, I'm trying to get rid of all the crap on my desktop, not add more.
>>

>Trying to see how it differs from any of the OSS replacements - like
>bblean, etc, (which don't cost ~US$30.00)
>
>(BTW bblean will clean your desktop up nicely )
>
>And how does it compete with Stardock's skins and extensions, which have
>been around for years.
>
>Still, an interesting link, thanks to the OP.

These Themes look better

http://www.astonshell.com/aston/