Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Reporting a bug to Microsoft..

Reply
Thread Tools

Reporting a bug to Microsoft..

 
 
Nicholas Sherlock
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2006
Hey all,

I've found a reproducible bug in Windows 2000, and I'm trying to find a
place on the Microsoft website where I could report it, but I'm just
going around in circles. Has anyone successfully submitted a bug report
before, and if so, where to?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

--
http://www.sherlocksoftware.org
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2006
In article <e97djs$86r$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Nicholas Sherlock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've found a reproducible bug in Windows 2000, and I'm trying to find a
>place on the Microsoft website where I could report it, but I'm just
>going around in circles.


Sounds like you've found the right place.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mauricio Freitas [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2006
"Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <e97djs$86r$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Nicholas Sherlock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I've found a reproducible bug in Windows 2000, and I'm trying to find a
>>place on the Microsoft website where I could report it, but I'm just
>>going around in circles.

>
> Sounds like you've found the right place.


Is this something that is not in any KB yet?

http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=0

--

Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,
www.geekzone.co.nz/geekzoneblog.asp
Software for Pocket PC: www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices


 
Reply With Quote
 
wogers nemesis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2006
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:29:32 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've found a reproducible bug in Windows 2000, and I'm trying to find a
> place on the Microsoft website where I could report it, but I'm just
> going around in circles. Has anyone successfully submitted a bug report
> before, and if so, where to?
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock


have you googled?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nicholas Sherlock
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2006
Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <e97djs$86r$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Nicholas Sherlock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I've found a reproducible bug in Windows 2000, and I'm trying to find a
>>> place on the Microsoft website where I could report it, but I'm just
>>> going around in circles.

>> Sounds like you've found the right place.

>
> Is this something that is not in any KB yet?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=0


Ah, it's this bug:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833839/en-us

Incredibly annoying, and not fixed on Windows 2000 .

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

--
http://www.sherlocksoftware.org
 
Reply With Quote
 
Crash
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-15-2006
Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
> Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> In article <e97djs$86r$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>> Nicholas Sherlock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I've found a reproducible bug in Windows 2000, and I'm trying to find a
>>>> place on the Microsoft website where I could report it, but I'm just
>>>> going around in circles.
>>> Sounds like you've found the right place.

>>
>> Is this something that is not in any KB yet?
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=0

>
> Ah, it's this bug:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833839/en-us
>
> Incredibly annoying, and not fixed on Windows 2000 .


In the article MS acknowledge this problem in XP only (see the 'Applies to'
section). Either they don't know that the problem occurs in other Windows
versions or they don't want to admit it.

Crash.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ruby Bug Reporting broken? Ronald Fischer Ruby 1 06-18-2007 12:00 PM
*bug* *bug* *bug* David Raleigh Arnold Firefox 12 04-02-2007 03:13 AM
security vendor is reporting a new bug with IE7, second in lessthan a week my name is Computer Information 1 10-30-2006 07:45 AM
Bug reporting impossible Nick Maclaren Python 13 06-30-2006 08:58 AM
BUG REPORTING Sadun Sevingen ASP .Net 4 08-12-2004 02:51 PM



Advertisments