Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...

Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...

Invisible

On 12 Jul 2006 00:06:36 GMT, Mark C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>According to http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
>>>Princo media is 3rd grade so will be variable. I find the same
>>>for my present batch of Imation DVD+R 8x discs made by CMC -
>>>some are very good but some fail.

>> Here in Hamilton all the shops are full of Imation. Looking for
>> alternative brands, I've found a few places selling TDK, but it
>> appears only K-Mart has them in spindles of 25.

>I have nothing but praise for these people:
>http://blankcd.co.nz/
>
>DVD-R: http://blankcd.co.nz/dvdmedia.htm
>DVD+R: http://blankcd.co.nz/dvd%2Brmedia.htm
>
>Mark

Hmmmm, I just got a pack of their Taiyo Yuden's. Was a bit concerned when the
cake-box said "Made In China", but that could be the box rather than the discs.
The media code doesn't get particularly good ratings on Videohelp.com, so I
might stick with Verbatim.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.ph...+or+List+Media

http://tinyurl.com/qo4sj