Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ok... Telecom door to door?

Ok... Telecom door to door?

Jamie Kahn Genet

Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
they're now going door to door everywhere?

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

Fred Dagg

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jamie
Kahn Genet) exclaimed:

>Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
>for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
>with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
>they're now going door to door everywhere?
>
>Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet

It wouldn't have been Telecom. Probably Slingshot.

Patrick FitzGerald

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) (Jamie
Kahn Genet) wrote:

>Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
>for $29.95.

Was it Theresa Gattung?

Patrick

MaHogany

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

> But are Telecom now so desperate
> they're now going door to door everywhere?

Yes - it is.

Ma Hogany

--
Q: How do I make Windows(TM) go faster?
A: Throw it harder...

XPD

"Jamie Kahn Genet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1hhrawb.11vyrmd26s9xN%(E-Mail Removed) .nz...
> Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
> for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
> with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
> they're now going door to door everywhere?

Theyve always done door to door for all their services for as long as I can
remember.
But they seem to have cut back a bit since the dodgy cellphone scam that was
going on with them a few years back.

--
XPD^
http://www.xpd.co.nz/

alastair.geek.nz

XPD wrote:

> "Jamie Kahn Genet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1hhrawb.11vyrmd26s9xN%(E-Mail Removed) .nz...

> > Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
> > for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
> > with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
> > they're now going door to door everywhere?

> Theyve always done door to door for all their services for as long as I can
> remember.
> But they seem to have cut back a bit since the dodgy cellphone scam that was
> going on with them a few years back.

About a year ago a guy came to our door to try and switch us over to
their 027 phone service. My flatmate was already a Telecom customer and
was considering a new handset. He kept the salesman there for about 15
minutes talking about various term contract options but eventually
decided that he didn't want to go ahead with any of the offers, and the
salesman had to leave empty handed.

We felt a bit guilty afterwards, because the salesman was actually a
contractor rather than a Telecom employee and was probably paid on a
commission basis.

~tricky~

alastair.geek.nz wrote:
> XPD wrote:
>
>> "Jamie Kahn Genet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:1hhrawb.11vyrmd26s9xN%(E-Mail Removed) .nz...

>>> Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband
>>> package for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said
>>> no cause I'm with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are
>>> Telecom now so desperate they're now going door to door everywhere?
>>>

>> Theyve always done door to door for all their services for as long
>> as I can remember.
>> But they seem to have cut back a bit since the dodgy cellphone scam
>> that was going on with them a few years back.

> About a year ago a guy came to our door to try and switch us over to
> their 027 phone service. My flatmate was already a Telecom customer
> and was considering a new handset. He kept the salesman there for
> about 15 minutes talking about various term contract options but
> eventually decided that he didn't want to go ahead with any of the
> offers, and the salesman had to leave empty handed.
>
> We felt a bit guilty afterwards, because the salesman was actually a
> contractor rather than a Telecom employee and was probably paid on a
> commission basis.

I had one here a couple months ago. It was raining, I didn't invite him in.
I explained that I had my cell with Vodafone and tolls and internet access
with Actrix. He offered me several deals, free cell phone for a term deal
etc. said he could save me lots of money. I said "OK, show me how". I told
him exactly what I had and what I was paying, said if he could better it,
I'd deal. He saw my bills and numbers and said, "No, Telecom can't give you
a better deal than that". I said "Thanks for your honesty, have a nice
evening". (It was just on dark).
--
Shaun.

Jamie Kahn Genet

Fred Dagg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) (Jamie
> Kahn Genet) exclaimed:
>
> >Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
> >for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
> >with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
> >they're now going door to door everywhere?
> >
> >Regards,
> > Jamie Kahn Genet

> It wouldn't have been Telecom. Probably Slingshot.

No, it was Telecom. She told me so.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

MarkH

(E-Mail Removed) (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote in
news:1hhut61.1qhsr5id7oq8zN%(E-Mail Removed) k.nz:

> Fred Dagg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) (Jamie
>> Kahn Genet) exclaimed:
>>
>> >Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband
>> >package for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said
>> >no cause I'm with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom
>> >now so desperate they're now going door to door everywhere?
>> >
>> >Regards,
>> > Jamie Kahn Genet

>> It wouldn't have been Telecom. Probably Slingshot.

> No, it was Telecom. She told me so.
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet

I also have had a visit from Telecom, I told her that I was getting 50%
more data cap for the same money so I was not interested.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade

Fred Dagg

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 15:18:27 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) (Jamie
Kahn Genet) exclaimed:

>Fred Dagg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) (Jamie
>> Kahn Genet) exclaimed:
>>
>> >Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
>> >for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
>> >with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
>> >they're now going door to door everywhere?
>> >
>> >Regards,
>> > Jamie Kahn Genet

>> It wouldn't have been Telecom. Probably Slingshot.

>No, it was Telecom. She told me so.
>
>Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet

Ok. I've had people call saying they "work with Telecom", just to find
that they were actually CallPlus, trying to take tolls off Telecom.
Same thing with someone from "TelstraClear" who was actually a
seperate company who had ties to TelstraClear.

different between Door::new and Door.new Ming en Chia Ruby 1 04-08-2007 11:23 AM
Time Warner Telecom Calls on FCC to Support Competitive Telecom Market by Imposing Conditions to AT&T-BellSouth Merger Knowing About VOIP 0 10-13-2006 07:44 AM
getting in the door Gargamil Cisco 1 12-29-2003 11:54 PM
Back door Trojan Thomc73 MCSE 14 08-07-2003 06:11 PM
Back door sparta Richard Warren MCSE 3 07-09-2003 04:09 PM

Advertisments