Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > I want a couple of these to play with

I want a couple of these to play with

-=rjh=-

Neat - XScale, 500MB flash, 128MB RAM, sound, 4 USB host, Wifi,
ethernet, PCI, and in a 44x66mm package - and all for $47US ea/10,000

Anybody want the other 9998 units?

There must be 1001 uses for some of these around the home.

Mercury

Put me down for a dozen.

"-=rjh=-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44a3b238$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Neat - XScale, 500MB flash, 128MB RAM, sound, 4 USB host, Wifi, ethernet,
> PCI, and in a 44x66mm package - and all for $47US ea/10,000
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32703
>
> Anybody want the other 9998 units?
>
> There must be 1001 uses for some of these around the home.

EMB

Mercury wrote:
> Put me down for a dozen.

And I'll take another dozen, and can probably convince one of my
colleagues to take 50 (he's greedy).

--
EMB

Shank

EMB wrote:
> Mercury wrote:
>
>> Put me down for a dozen.

> And I'll take another dozen, and can probably convince one of my
> colleagues to take 50 (he's greedy).

Hmmm. I'll take 2. That's 78 (possibly) so far. 9822 to go.

Come on people. Sign up for a pure geek toy. Even if you don't know what
to do with it, just having it sitting on your desk would establish
yourself in the hallowed halls of geekdom. Just think of the perks. You
need never worry about life again. 'Cause you won't have one. Or
girl/boyfriends. Or party invitations. You'll lose your ability to eat
anything other than takeaways or chocolate coated coffee beans, or drink
anything other than strong coffee or Jolt Cola. You'll never be able to
have a normal conversation without again the other person gazing blankly
into space, desperately trying to think up an excuse to leave while you
pepper your conversation with coding terms, flaming vi in favor of
emacs, and generally turning yourself into the second most boring person
on earth after Paris Hilton.

But on the plus side, you will be eco-friendly by saving heaps of water
as you will forget to bathe for weeks at a time. You'll save oodles of
money by never having to date again or entertain anyone and you'll save
on power because you'll completely forget how to cook and will survive
on takeaways. You'll probably also save on insurance premiums as you'll
likely die younger through unhealthy eating habits. No need to spend
money on sunscreen, as you'll never see the sun again. Likewise
cosmetics will get the heave-ho, as well as expensive designer clothes.

Wow, with all this saving, you should be able to afford all 9822 excess
units.

So, come on now. Just write a cash cheque for $481278, send it to me and
I'll put the order in as soon as the cheque has cleared.

Be quick. Uber-geekdom is within your grasp.

Rob (who's tongue is not in his cheek as it is hanging out and drooling
at the possibility someone might actually take him seriously.)

Shane

Shank wrote:

> EMB wrote:
>> Mercury wrote:
>>
>>> Put me down for a dozen.

>> And I'll take another dozen, and can probably convince one of my
>> colleagues to take 50 (he's greedy).
>>

> Hmmm. I'll take 2. That's 78 (possibly) so far. 9822 to go.

I was going to take 1 (hey Im a student!) but the aerials are far too small.
I need at least a wok sized aerial supplied if Im going to buy one of these

--
Rule 6: There is no rule 6

Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

-=rjh=-

Shane wrote:
> Shank wrote:
>
>> EMB wrote:

>>> And I'll take another dozen, and can probably convince one of my
>>> colleagues to take 50 (he's greedy).
>>>

>> Hmmm. I'll take 2. That's 78 (possibly) so far. 9822 to go.

> I was going to take 1 (hey Im a student!) but the aerials are far too small.
> I need at least a wok sized aerial supplied if Im going to buy one of these

Actually, I assumed the aerials shown weren't included.

And anyway, a wok sized aerial is going to look a little out of place
when you use one of these as an in-car mp3 player.

OTOH would be damn useful if you were using these to set up
neighbourhood wifi.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

-=rjh=- wrote:
> Neat - XScale, 500MB flash, 128MB RAM, sound, 4 USB host, Wifi,
> ethernet, PCI, and in a 44x66mm package - and all for $47US ea/10,000
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32703
>
> Anybody want the other 9998 units?

Are you offering to pay for the whole 10000? I'll gladly
relieve you of the other 9998 if thats the case!

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

Redbaiter

Shane wrote:

> I was going to take 1 (hey Im a student!)

Shane Howearth is nothing but a 38 year old bludger and born loser
posing as a student..

Shane

-=rjh=- wrote:

> Shane wrote:
>> Shank wrote:

>>> Hmmm. I'll take 2. That's 78 (possibly) so far. 9822 to go.

>> I was going to take 1 (hey Im a student!) but the aerials are far too
>> small. I need at least a wok sized aerial supplied if Im going to buy one
>> of these
>>

> Actually, I assumed the aerials shown weren't included.
>
> And anyway, a wok sized aerial is going to look a little out of place
> when you use one of these as an in-car mp3 player.
>
> OTOH would be damn useful if you were using these to set up
> neighbourhood wifi.

Heh I was being funny
A wok sized aerial would defeat the purpose of a credit card sized pda

--
Rule 6: There is no rule 6

Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

Waylon Kenning

T'was the 29 Jun 2006 17:55:36 -0700 when I remembered "Redbaiter"

<snip comment>

How come nz.general is flooding into nz.comp?
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.