Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Shell not filling less than 5KG cylinders

Shell not filling less than 5KG cylinders

RayC

Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to attend
banking the cash at the counter.

None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.

Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
stations.

I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

Alan

"RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff
> to attend to
> banking the cash at the counter.
>
> None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
>
> Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer
> service stations.
>
> I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

Sounds like FlyBuys is doing exactly what Shell want it to do - create
loyalty to them that they wouldn't otherwise have.

They won't agree to any other petrol retailer being a member.

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

J Brockley

"RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to
> attend to
> banking the cash at the counter.
>
> None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
>
> Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
> stations.
>
> I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

A flybuy is worth ~20c
Not sure how much LPG costs but I guessing Shell have it right by assuming
you'd rather have 20c as opposed to service.

TKKGHCMT

"J Brockley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e7844k$fbh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

> A flybuy is worth ~20c

That is of course assuming you make a wise selection at redemption.

Choosing poorly could see a value of 10c or less per point.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed the number of retail outlets that have dropped
out of the FlyBuys program in the last year, or revised their points
allocations, not to mention the new signup that seems to have never
eventuated?

Allistar

TKKGHCMT wrote:

> "J Brockley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e7844k$fbh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> > I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

>> A flybuy is worth ~20c

> That is of course assuming you make a wise selection at redemption.
>
> Choosing poorly could see a value of 10c or less per point.
>
> P.S. Has anyone else noticed the number of retail outlets that have
> dropped out of the FlyBuys program in the last year, or revised their
> points allocations, not to mention the new signup that seems to have never
> eventuated?

I've never been one for those royalty type schemes, the convenience of
shopping at the nearest location is worth more to me than what the points
are worth. Also I tend to avoid companies I've had bad service at
regardless of their loyalty programme.

Allistar.

Jonno

"RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to
> attend to
> banking the cash at the counter.
>
> None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
>
> Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
> stations.
>
> I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

Noticed any increase in the price of LPG this week?. Filled up my 9kg bottle
at my local Shell station tonight and it cost $19.58. Last week (and the
weeks before) it cost $17.36. Now you don't suppose the cold weather down
here in Canterbury has anything to do with the increase in price by any
chance. Back to the woodburner for me and stuff Environment Canty.

Collector»NZ

RayC wrote:
> Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to attend
> banking the cash at the counter.
>
> None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
>
> Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
> stations.
>
> I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

My local Challenge, had real cheap LPG, $12.50 per 9kg, it has risen over last
three weeks to $15.95.

They also have a No Fill under 5kg rule as well. Technical reasons I believe
the dispensing unit not being capable at that low weight.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

Fred Dagg

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:46:04 +1200, "RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
exclaimed:

>Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to attend
>banking the cash at the counter.
>
>None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
>
>Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
>stations.
>
>I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

You're absolutely right. Shell seems to have adopted a "no service"
approach.

We are in the process of moving our reasonably large Shellcard account
to BP, whom appear to have maintained a commitment to service.

Vista

"RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to
> attend to
> banking the cash at the counter.
>
> None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
>
> Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
> stations.
>
> I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

They stoped calling themselves service stations yonks ago.

~misfit~

RayC wrote:
> Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to
> attend to
> banking the cash at the counter.
>
> None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
>
> Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
> stations.

LOL. I went to my local Shell to get some windscreen washer additive and
they didn't have any. Twice (I asked a couple weeks later). They had cans of
spaghetti, beans, biscuits, chips, chocolate...

I ended up getting my Bar's Bugs at Pak'n Save!

Bloody stupid when retail crossover goes that far, beyond the line.
--
Shaun.