Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Telehousing

Telehousing

Allistar

Hi all,
Does anyone have any reviews or recommendations (good or bad) about
companies that allow you to telehouse your server so you can provide
internet access to your web application?

Thanks,
Allistar.

Stu Fleming

Allistar wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does anyone have any reviews or recommendations (good or bad) about
> companies that allow you to telehouse your server so you can provide
> internet access to your web application?

What are your service expectations and where would you like it to be based?

Allistar

Stu Fleming wrote:

> Allistar wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Does anyone have any reviews or recommendations (good or bad) about
>> companies that allow you to telehouse your server so you can provide
>> internet access to your web application?

> What are your service expectations and where would you like it to be
> based?

I'd like it to be based near a major centre. Auckland would be better, North
Shore is fine. I'd expect unlimited traffic (within reason), backup
services (tape switching) to be provided and access to the amount of
bandwidth a popular site would need. It needs to be a commercial hosting
centre, with all of things one would expect (security, power reliability,
multiple network points incase one goes down etc).

Allistar.

Vista

"Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stu Fleming wrote:
>
>> Allistar wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> Does anyone have any reviews or recommendations (good or bad) about
>>> companies that allow you to telehouse your server so you can provide
>>> internet access to your web application?

>> What are your service expectations and where would you like it to be
>> based?

> I'd like it to be based near a major centre. Auckland would be better,
> North
> Shore is fine. I'd expect unlimited traffic (within reason), backup
> services (tape switching) to be provided and access to the amount of
> bandwidth a popular site would need. It needs to be a commercial hosting
> centre, with all of things one would expect (security, power reliability,
> multiple network points incase one goes down etc).
>
> Allistar.

Try www.webdrive.co.nz , these guys are good.

Tony

> I'd like it to be based near a major centre. Auckland would be better, North
> Shore is fine. I'd expect unlimited traffic (within reason), backup
> services (tape switching) to be provided and access to the amount of
> bandwidth a popular site would need. It needs to be a commercial hosting
> centre, with all of things one would expect (security, power reliability,
> multiple network points incase one goes down etc).
>
> Allistar.

http://safenz.net/safenz-colocation.pdf
http://www.iconz.net/colo/

Peter Nield

"Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> Does anyone have any reviews or recommendations (good or bad) about
> companies that allow you to telehouse your server so you can provide
> internet access to your web application?
>
> Thanks,
> Allistar.

Datacom Systems - mind you, I work there, so I'm biased...

Generally charged by the "U" and network access. And yes, operators on site
to change tapes and hand the tapes over to the archive people.

HelensKi KlarK

> Datacom Systems - mind you, I work there, so I'm biased...
>
> Generally charged by the "U" and network access. And yes, operators on site
> to change tapes and hand the tapes over to the archive people.

I believe Datacom has large well managed Data Centres also... some of
which if not all of their centres, have generators that are able to
keep the systems up and running even under extended power outages. You
might want to check out those aspects of support and service also,
particularly if your customers are based overseas.