Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ATI X1600 Cards

ATI X1600 Cards

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:50:39 +1200 when I remembered Daniel

>Sadly we'll never know if you're actually telling the truth since you
>won't verify the "people", let alone which software, and which forum
>you're talking about.

Perhaps he should give you his product keys as proof of purchase?
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Mike Smith

SchoolTech wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:22:24 +1200, Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> I'm guessing your buying this for a wee bit of gaming (yes?).
>>>
>>> Assuming your budget is in the $300 NZD range, and that you'd prefer
>>> to buy from Ascent (which is entirely understandable), then would not
>>> something like a 7600GS or 6600GT be a better option?

>> He is after a PCe-16 from the looks of it, but your suggestion for
>> the 7600GS
>> is a Good one..
>>
>> Nvidia has far better support.
>>
>> But this Budget card looks good
>>

>> http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=a...read&arc_id=86

> We had ATI and we had NVidia, the ATI card wasn't so dumb as to disable
> the secondary because it couldn't detect one, it lets us connect the
> secondary after startup and enable it with one mouseclick.
>
> The useless NVidia card wouldn't even enable the secondary, just because
> it couldn't detect a monitor.

You're being awfully judgmental of the NVidia card on the basis of one
feature, that wouldn't bother the great majority of people. For what
most people are going to use it for (playing games on a single monitor),
this really doesn't make much difference.

--
Mike Smith

SchoolTech

Mike Smith wrote:
> SchoolTech wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>> He is after a PCe-16 from the looks of it, but your suggestion for
>>> the 7600GS
>>> is a Good one..
>>>
>>> Nvidia has far better support.
>>>
>>> But this Budget card looks good
>>>

>>> http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=a...read&arc_id=86

>> We had ATI and we had NVidia, the ATI card wasn't so dumb as to
>> disable the secondary because it couldn't detect one, it lets us
>> connect the secondary after startup and enable it with one mouseclick.
>>
>> The useless NVidia card wouldn't even enable the secondary, just
>> because it couldn't detect a monitor.

> You're being awfully judgmental of the NVidia card on the basis of one
> feature, that wouldn't bother the great majority of people. For what
> most people are going to use it for (playing games on a single monitor),
> this really doesn't make much difference.

Join the real world. People use these cards for business, and they use
them to drive projectors and multiple display devices. A great advance
but NVidia can't see past their small minded view of what people should
use their cards for.

SchoolTech

~misfit~ wrote:
> Peter Huebner wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>>
>>> Leave Passive cooler well alone, they just cause far to much heat
>>> inside the case, unless you are going water cooled..
>>>

>> lmao - a passive cooler has to dissipate exactly the same amount of
>> heat, generated by the gpu, as an active cooler. In fact, your active
>> cooler will add just a tiny amount MORE heat, through the energy
>> expenditure of the fan.

> You do realise that you're trying to talk sense to Roger right? He doesn't
> understand that language.
>
> Shite!!! Just noticed the amount of cross-posting. Might have to add
> Schooltech to the bozo-bin, all he ever does is ask questions and now he's
> dragging the whole of usenet into our little corner.

Who made you the moderator of this forum?

What difference does cross posting make? None except to people who think
they own the forums.

chrisv

~misfit~ wrote:

>SchoolTech wrote:
>>
>> Daniel wrote:
>>>
>>> Aaargh!!!
>>>
>>> I've just realised I've been talking to Roger Sheppard.

>> What a pathetic excuse.
>> You will have to think up a better one than that to excuse your rank
>> incompetence.
>> Maybe you will have to get another alias like Roger does.

>Yeah, thought so...
>
><Plonk>

Getting your ass kicked too badly, "misfit"?

Brendan

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:58:46 +1200, SchoolTech wrote:

> Who made you the moderator of this forum?

I did.

> What difference does cross posting make? None except to people who think
> they own the forums.

Lots of people automatically filter based on how many newsgroups you cross
posted to. Wonder why you have had minimal responses compared to how many
thousands of people you are talking to.

Spammers crosspost to umpteen groups....

Friendly advice...

Not so friendly advice:

Modify your attitude. Usenet is the worlds biggest bitching venue as it is,
and I can tell you, you are out gunned. More flies with honey, etc....

--

.... Brendan

#205195 +(3699)- [X]

<MortalKombat> stfu mat|t u cu.nt
* Acaila sets mode: +b MortalKombat!*@*
<@Acaila> FINISH HIM
<mat|t> rofl
<MortalKombat> omg wtf man
* MortalKombat was kicked by Acaila (forward, forward, back, back, forward,
punch)
<@Acaila> FATALITY!

Note: All my comments are copyright 21/06/2006 10:52:27 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

~misfit~

Brendan wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:58:46 +1200, SchoolTech wrote:
>
>> Who made you the moderator of this forum?

> I did.
>
>> What difference does cross posting make? None except to people who
>> think they own the forums.

> Lots of people automatically filter based on how many newsgroups you
> cross posted to. Wonder why you have had minimal responses compared
> to how many thousands of people you are talking to.
>
> Spammers crosspost to umpteen groups....
>
> Friendly advice...
>
> Not so friendly advice:
>
> Modify your attitude. Usenet is the worlds biggest bitching venue as
> it is, and I can tell you, you are out gunned. More flies with honey,
> etc....

Good advice. I have him killfiled, have done for a while now. He'll never
get the benefit of my modest knowledge of PCs. Considering the number of
questions he asks he could do with all the help he can get.
--
Shaun.