Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows XP home and user timeouts.

Windows XP home and user timeouts.

Crash

Greetings many,

In XP home, if user profiles are set up and a user is logged on it appears that
they are kicked off (back to the user name selection screen) if a time-out
period expires.

Is there any way of ensuring that when a user 'logs on' they stay 'logged on'
unless they 'log off'?

TIA,
Crash.

XPD

"Crash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e65o1f$945$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings many,
>
> In XP home, if user profiles are set up and a user is logged on it appears
> that they are kicked off (back to the user name selection screen) if a
> time-out period expires.
>
> Is there any way of ensuring that when a user 'logs on' they stay 'logged
> on' unless they 'log off'?
>
> TIA,
> Crash.

Sounds like your screensaver is set to "on resume, display welcome screen"

Right click your desktop, select Properties, Screen Saver. You should work
out the rest from there

Crash

XPD wrote:
> "Crash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e65o1f$945$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Greetings many,
>>
>> In XP home, if user profiles are set up and a user is logged on it appears
>> that they are kicked off (back to the user name selection screen) if a
>> time-out period expires.
>>
>> Is there any way of ensuring that when a user 'logs on' they stay 'logged
>> on' unless they 'log off'?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Crash.

> Sounds like your screensaver is set to "on resume, display welcome screen"
>
> Right click your desktop, select Properties, Screen Saver. You should work
> out the rest from there

Bullseye!!!!!

Many many thanks.

I would never have thought that a ****** screen-saver setting would cause this.
Thats the end of screensavers for me.....

Crash.