Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WTD: wma to mp3 converter please

WTD: wma to mp3 converter please

firethefox

Anyone know of a freeware wma to mp3 converter, if there are none then a
trial version thing will do, tried searching for one myself but get a
million hits, will take me hours to find what I want so would appreciate
someone saving me the hassle, especially with my browser on the go slow.

firethefox

"firethefox" <yep@yep> wrote in message news:4480f0df$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know of a freeware wma to mp3 converter, if there are none then a
> trial version thing will do, tried searching for one myself but get a
> million hits, will take me hours to find what I want so would appreciate
> someone saving me the hassle, especially with my browser on the go slow.

Of course if there weren't so many sites using the keyword free to get hits
I could find what I want easily.

GraB

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 14:17:16 +1200, "firethefox" <yep@yep> wrote:

>"firethefox" <yep@yep> wrote in message news:4480f0df$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone know of a freeware wma to mp3 converter, if there are none then a
>> trial version thing will do, tried searching for one myself but get a
>> million hits, will take me hours to find what I want so would appreciate
>> someone saving me the hassle, especially with my browser on the go slow.
>>

>Of course if there weren't so many sites using the keyword free to get hits
>I could find what I want easily.

Try using the word 'freeware'. Or have a look at this:
http://www.hotlib.com/products1.php?id=32197

shannon

firethefox wrote:
> "firethefox" <yep@yep> wrote in message news:4480f0df$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone know of a freeware wma to mp3 converter, if there are none then a
>> trial version thing will do, tried searching for one myself but get a
>> million hits, will take me hours to find what I want so would appreciate
>> someone saving me the hassle, especially with my browser on the go slow.
>>

> Of course if there weren't so many sites using the keyword free to get hits
> I could find what I want easily.

foobar 2000

shannon

firethefox wrote:
> Anyone know of a freeware wma to mp3 converter, if there are none then a
> trial version thing will do, tried searching for one myself but get a
> million hits, will take me hours to find what I want so would appreciate
> someone saving me the hassle, especially with my browser on the go slow.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

kapute

firethefox wrote:
> Anyone know of a freeware wma to mp3 converter, if there are none then a
> trial version thing will do, tried searching for one myself but get a
> million hits, will take me hours to find what I want so would appreciate
> someone saving me the hassle, especially with my browser on the go slow.

iTunes will do this. If you import wma files into itunes it
automatically converts them into mp3 format, at least it did last time
I tried it.

~misfit~

shannon wrote:
> firethefox wrote:
>> "firethefox" <yep@yep> wrote in message
>> news:4480f0df$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Anyone know of a freeware wma to mp3 converter, if there are none
>>> then a trial version thing will do, tried searching for one myself
>>> but get a million hits, will take me hours to find what I want so
>>> would appreciate someone saving me the hassle, especially with my
>>> browser on the go slow.

>> Of course if there weren't so many sites using the keyword free to
>> get hits I could find what I want easily.
>>

> foobar 2000

Man, Foobar does bloody near everything and still fits on a floppy.
--
Shaun.

firethefox

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 14:17:16 +1200, "firethefox" <yep@yep> wrote:
>

> >"firethefox" <yep@yep> wrote in message news:4480f0df$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Anyone know of a freeware wma to mp3 converter, if there are none then

> >> trial version thing will do, tried searching for one myself but get a
> >> million hits, will take me hours to find what I want so would

appreciate
> >> someone saving me the hassle, especially with my browser on the go

slow.

> >Of course if there weren't so many sites using the keyword free to get

hits
> >I could find what I want easily.
> >

> Try using the word 'freeware'. Or have a look at this:
> http://www.hotlib.com/products1.php?id=32197

Awesome, thanks a lot, that was perfect for my needs. I still find even if
you use the word freeware that you still get the run around.

firethefox

Thanks for the suggestions everybody, I have gone with GraB's suggestion.

David

~misfit~ wrote:
> shannon wrote:
>> firethefox wrote:
>>> "firethefox" <yep@yep> wrote in message
>>> news:4480f0df$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Of course if there weren't so many sites using the keyword free to
>>> get hits I could find what I want easily.
>>>

>> foobar 2000

> Man, Foobar does bloody near everything and still fits on a floppy.

Although you do need a copy of LAME installed to encode MP3.