Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How not to do a dodgy deal on Ebay

How not to do a dodgy deal on Ebay

*Owly*

http://www.amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/

All I can say is... lol!

Owly.

BTMO

"*Owly*" <> wrote in

> http://www.amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/
>
> All I can say is... lol!

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

What a knob!!!!

Vista

"*Owly*" <o*w*l*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e5brde$d9a$(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/
>
> All I can say is... lol!
>
> Owly.

Classic. It is one of those stories you will probably see on the TV and news
programs around the world . Poor old Amir

~misfit~

Vista wrote:
> "*Owly*" <o*w*l*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e5brde$d9a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> http://www.amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/
>>
>> All I can say is... lol!
>>
>> Owly.
>>

> Classic. It is one of those stories you will probably see on the TV
> and news programs around the world . Poor old Amir

It doesn't ring true to me.

How does Amir have access to, and exact figures form the pics etc that were
still on the laptop?

How come "laptopguy" is editing Amir's page and adding more pics?

This strikes me as if Amir *wishes* that the story will be picked up by TV
stations all around the world. ("PS please send the link for this page to
everyone you know!!") Any fame is bankable these days right?

I say it's a con, and not a very good one at that.
--
Shaun.

Fred Dagg

On Mon, 29 May 2006 13:49:58 +1200, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>Vista wrote:
>> "*Owly*" <o*w*l*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e5brde$d9a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> http://www.amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> All I can say is... lol!
>>>
>>> Owly.
>>>

>> Classic. It is one of those stories you will probably see on the TV
>> and news programs around the world . Poor old Amir

>It doesn't ring true to me.
>
>How does Amir have access to, and exact figures form the pics etc that were
>still on the laptop?
>
>How come "laptopguy" is editing Amir's page and adding more pics?
>
>This strikes me as if Amir *wishes* that the story will be picked up by TV
>stations all around the world. ("PS please send the link for this page to
>everyone you know!!") Any fame is bankable these days right?
>
>I say it's a con, and not a very good one at that.

Um, maybe a re-read?

This page was obviously put up by the VICTIM, not Amir...

Nik Coughlin

~misfit~ wrote:
> Vista wrote:
>> "*Owly*" <o*w*l*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e5brde$d9a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> http://www.amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> All I can say is... lol!
>>>
>>> Owly.
>>>

>> Classic. It is one of those stories you will probably see on the TV
>> and news programs around the world . Poor old Amir

> It doesn't ring true to me.
>
> How does Amir have access to, and exact figures form the pics etc
> that were still on the laptop?
>
> How come "laptopguy" is editing Amir's page and adding more pics?
>
> This strikes me as if Amir *wishes* that the story will be picked up
> by TV stations all around the world. ("PS please send the link for
> this page to everyone you know!!") Any fame is bankable these days
> right?
> I say it's a con, and not a very good one at that.

The page is written from Amir's point of view but by the guy who got ripped
off. Read it like that and it makes more sense.

Jasen Betts

On 2006-05-29, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It doesn't ring true to me.
>
> How does Amir have access to, and exact figures form the pics etc that were
> still on the laptop?
>
> How come "laptopguy" is editing Amir's page and adding more pics?
>
> This strikes me as if Amir *wishes* that the story will be picked up by TV
> stations all around the world. ("PS please send the link for this page to
> everyone you know!!") Any fame is bankable these days right?
>
> I say it's a con, and not a very good one at that.

perhaps the laptop guy put the page up hoping to embarrass Amir into
refunding the money.

Bye.
Jasen

Matty F

~misfit~ wrote:
> Vista wrote:
>
>>"*Owly*" <o*w*l*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:e5brde$d9a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>http://www.amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>>All I can say is... lol!
>>>
>>>Owly.
>>>

>>Classic. It is one of those stories you will probably see on the TV
>>and news programs around the world . Poor old Amir

> It doesn't ring true to me.
>
> How does Amir have access to, and exact figures form the pics etc that were
> still on the laptop?
>
> How come "laptopguy" is editing Amir's page and adding more pics?
>
> This strikes me as if Amir *wishes* that the story will be picked up by TV
> stations all around the world. ("PS please send the link for this page to
> everyone you know!!") Any fame is bankable these days right?
>
> I say it's a con, and not a very good one at that.

laptopguy is the unfortunate buyer of the laptop, and he wrote
the blog.
Amir is the seller of the laptop that doesn't work but which has
lots of porn on the hard drive and pictures of the legs of ladies
on the train taken with a cellphone.

Amir is almost certainly posting messages on the blog defending
himself in his unmistakably bad grammar under the names of:
LucyWinters, Christinacopeland, Thomasbuckly, davisworld, tofang,
amir massoud prince of thieves men in tights, recu proost.

Nicktofang appears to be a nickname from Amir that he used on
dating websites, and he's used that to give positive feedback to
Amir on Ebay. The picture of Nicktofang looks like the picture of
Amir but he's claiming to be 32 instead of 19. The dating website
details have been removed but are still there on the Google cache
with the picture.

Thomasbuckly has also used the dating website and has removed his
listing also.

The Ebay accounts of two other people who also bid for the laptop
have now disappeared.
I think they are all Amir! He has no remorse.

Peter Huebner

In article <447a52ed$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> It doesn't ring true to me.
>
> How does Amir have access to, and exact figures form the pics etc that were
> still on the laptop?
>
> How come "laptopguy" is editing Amir's page and adding more pics?
>
> This strikes me as if Amir *wishes* that the story will be picked up by TV
> stations all around the world. ("PS please send the link for this page to
> everyone you know!!") Any fame is bankable these days right?
>
> I say it's a con, and not a very good one at that.
> --
> Shaun.

Amir is the con-man who sold the defunct laptop to laptopguy. Laptopguy managed
to pull the harddrive out and recover the data, He then put up the webpage,
initially setting it up as though written by Amir (but gives up that fiction
about 2/3 down the page.

At least that's how I read it. -P.

~misfit~

Peter Huebner wrote:
> In article <447a52ed$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>>
>> It doesn't ring true to me.
>>
>> How does Amir have access to, and exact figures form the pics etc
>> that were still on the laptop?
>>
>> How come "laptopguy" is editing Amir's page and adding more pics?
>>
>> This strikes me as if Amir *wishes* that the story will be picked up
>> by TV stations all around the world. ("PS please send the link for
>> this page to everyone you know!!") Any fame is bankable these days
>> right?
>>
>> I say it's a con, and not a very good one at that.
>> --
>> Shaun.
>>

> Amir is the con-man who sold the defunct laptop to laptopguy.
> Laptopguy managed to pull the harddrive out and recover the data, He
> then put up the webpage, initially setting it up as though written by
> Amir (but gives up that fiction about 2/3 down the page.
>
> At least that's how I read it. -P.

Thanks Peter, I see that now. <slaps forehead>

Thanks also to Nik, Jasen, and Matty for explaining what should have been
obvious.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.