Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra's refund - another farce

Xtra's refund - another farce

Robert Feigel

An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
refund? The company must be run by cretins when the can't even get a
gesture like this right.

Crediting your Telecom account for recent network problems

Hi

Firstly, we'd like to apologise if you were affected by the
recent email and Internet connection problems at Xtra.

Dealing with occasional faults is a fact of life for any
Internet company, but in this case fixing them took longer
than we would have liked.

We know the delays were frustrating so thanks for your
patience while we put things right.

If you were affected, we'd like to offer you a one-off
credit on your Telecom account, equivalent to four days of
your monthly Internet plan charge. This covers the time from
when the problems started to when we restored service for
all of our customers.

To receive your credit, simply enter your details at
http://www.xtra.co.nz/xtraplancredit by 28 June 2006.

You will need your Telecom account number to complete the
form. You can find this number in the top right hand corner
of your Telecom bill.

Kind regards

The Team @ Xtra

gimp

Robert Feigel wrote:
> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
> refund?

its may.

Robert Feigel

On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:06:29 +1200, gimp <(E-Mail Removed)>
magnanimously proffered:

>Robert Feigel wrote:
>> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
>> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
>> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
>> refund?

>its may.

Duhhhhhhh ... b

Vista

"Robert Feigel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the

> To receive your credit, simply enter your details at
> http://www.xtra.co.nz/xtraplancredit by 28 June 2006.

What are you talking about, you have a month to claim it.

~misfit~

Robert Feigel wrote:
> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
> refund? The company must be run by cretins when the can't even get a
> gesture like this right.

They did get it right. Going by their standards, they got it bang-on.
Requiring you to acknowledge and sign up rather than just crediting
everyone's accounts.

(Note: It says JUNE 28th, a month away)
--
Shaun.

BTMO

"Robert Feigel" <> wrote

> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
> refund? The company must be run by cretins when the can't even get a
> gesture like this right.
>
> Crediting your Telecom account for recent network problems

I was so ****ed off by their shitty "service" I changed ISPs, and phone
suppliers, effective last Tuesday.

How do I claim a refund???

(though, it could be said that I already win - I am no longer a telecon
customer...)

Vista

"Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Robert Feigel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
>> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
>> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the

>> To receive your credit, simply enter your details at
>> http://www.xtra.co.nz/xtraplancredit by 28 June 2006.
>>

> What are you talking about, you have a month to claim it.

Also their deal is far better than what SKY offered after their outage. Sky
only offered one days refund, and something that affected all sky satellite
customers. Telecoms problem didn't affect all of their customers, yet they
are offering all of them 4 days refund.
After the farce of a game last night, where it should never have been played
on those conditions, I am thinking of cancelling my sky connection. I only
got it for the rugby anyway and I am sure it was only because of the
pressure from these TV companies, that it went ahead.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:53:30 +1200, BTMO wrote:

>> Crediting your Telecom account for recent network problems

> I was so ****ed off by their shitty "service" I changed ISPs, and phone
> suppliers, effective last Tuesday.
>
> How do I claim a refund???

Going to the website, putting in your details. Your telecon account will
be active for many years even if you don't subscribe to ANY telecon
service or hire any product.

You simply need to have been a telecon customer at the time.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

BTMO

"Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote

>> How do I claim a refund???

> Going to the website, putting in your details. Your telecon account will
> be active for many years even if you don't subscribe to ANY telecon
> service or hire any product.
>
> You simply need to have been a telecon customer at the time.

its going to make it pretty hard for them to credit my account...

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Sun, 28 May 2006 17:18:07 +1200, BTMO wrote:

>>> How do I claim a refund???

>> Going to the website, putting in your details. Your telecon account will
>> be active for many years even if you don't subscribe to ANY telecon
>> service or hire any product.
>>
>> You simply need to have been a telecon customer at the time.

> its going to make it pretty hard for them to credit my account...

Why?

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
Andreas Girardet: "In Suse, there are about 15,000 to 20,000
developers working on the project, and internally at Novell

the best farce on pro wrestling....ever! richard Computer Support 0 02-16-2010 03:21 AM
CSI: NY farce richard Computer Support 2 10-25-2007 05:08 PM
New releases: Reaping, Delta Farce & Threepenny Opera; Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 07-10-2007 04:43 AM
The Internet is a Farce Wurk Computer Support 22 05-23-2007 08:47 PM

Advertisments