Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > MOV-files in VLC Media Player

MOV-files in VLC Media Player

roope

This player looks promising. When installed I chose all video formats,
however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.
-- Roope

Fred Dagg

On 25 May 2006 02:48:27 -0700, "roope" <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>This player looks promising. When installed I chose all video formats,
>however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
>Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.
>-- Roope

VLC is a fantastic player, however it's interface is poos.

Better to install the (free) K-Lite Codec Pack, then just use WinAmp.
We used VLC for a long time, but got sick of the bugs and crappy
interface.

XPD

"roope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> This player looks promising. When installed I chose all video formats,
> however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
> Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.
> -- Roope

Sounds like it dosent support MOV, thats all.... I personally use Media
Player Classic.
Seems to handle everything without any big overheads.

Jasen Betts

On 2006-05-25, roope <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> This player looks promising. When installed I chose all video formats,
> however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
> Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.

works for me usually.

what codec is it missing needed? (usually it writes messages in a console)

try mplayer instead.

--

Bye.
Jasen

-=rjh=-

Fred Dagg wrote:
> On 25 May 2006 02:48:27 -0700, "roope" <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:
>
>> This player looks promising. When installed I chose all video formats,
>> however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
>> Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.
>> -- Roope

> VLC is a fantastic player, however it's interface is poos.

Heh, you should try mplayer on Windows

(Although a GUI is due soon).

VLC really is good, I often notice far better rendering compared to
other players that I use.

SOLVED - can't open file in windows media player / WMP. But can in VLC - video LAN .. Now can in WMP jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk Computer Information 2 09-19-2007 02:53 AM
bugfix of VLC Media Player Nikoh C++ 1 02-14-2007 11:15 PM
bugfix of VLC Media Player Nikoh C Programming 0 02-14-2007 03:35 PM
VLC Media Player Newbie Computer Support 1 08-08-2006 08:12 AM
VLC streaming getting messages from vlc Une bévue Ruby 0 07-11-2006 04:43 PM

Advertisments