Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Spam filtering service

Reply
Thread Tools

Spam filtering service

 
 
Ray Greene
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
Can anyone recommend a spam filtering service? We're getting a few spams at
work these days and users aren't happy.

Death2Spam has been suggested but I'd like to get some other opinions as
well.

--
Ray Greene
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
Ray Greene wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a spam filtering service? We're getting a few spams at
> work these days and users aren't happy.


If you want a serious solution that just works -

http://safenz.net/safenz-dns-email.pdf

This system pre-filters everything for your domain and can be set up in
hours with no changes at your end except your DNS. It is over 99%
effective.

** shameless plug as I built it **


>
> Death2Spam has been suggested but I'd like to get some other opinions as
> well.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Philip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
Tony wrote:
> Ray Greene wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a spam filtering service? We're getting a few
>> spams at
>> work these days and users aren't happy.

>
> If you want a serious solution that just works -
>
> http://safenz.net/safenz-dns-email.pdf
>
> This system pre-filters everything for your domain and can be set up in
> hours with no changes at your end except your DNS. It is over 99%
> effective.
>
> ** shameless plug as I built it **
>
>
>>
>> Death2Spam has been suggested but I'd like to get some other opinions as
>> well.
>>


Looks good, but. Why do you quote prices ex-GST? Do you have any
customers that don't pay GST?

Personally I would reintroduce hanging, quartering and flogging at the
cart's tail for any company that ever quotes prices ex-GST. It stinks,
and the smell pollutes your business.

Philip
 
Reply With Quote
 
EMB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
Philip wrote:

> Looks good, but. Why do you quote prices ex-GST? Do you have any
> customers that don't pay GST?
>
> Personally I would reintroduce hanging, quartering and flogging at the
> cart's tail for any company that ever quotes prices ex-GST. It stinks,
> and the smell pollutes your business.


Wake up Philip - GST registered entities effectivey don't pay GST. As
this is a product aimed more towards the business market it makes
perfect sense to price it exc-GST

--
EMB
 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
On Thu, 25 May 2006 16:30:23 +1200, Ray Greene wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a spam filtering service? We're getting a few spams at
> work these days and users aren't happy.
>
> Death2Spam has been suggested but I'd like to get some other opinions as
> well.


Depends on your setup. Try www.firetrust.org if you run sendmail, qmail or
exchange servers, or the desktop version is at www.firetrust.com.

Kiwi too!

Steve

 
Reply With Quote
 
shannon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
EMB wrote:
> Philip wrote:
>
>> Looks good, but. Why do you quote prices ex-GST? Do you have any
>> customers that don't pay GST?
>>
>> Personally I would reintroduce hanging, quartering and flogging at the
>> cart's tail for any company that ever quotes prices ex-GST. It stinks,
>> and the smell pollutes your business.

>
> Wake up Philip - GST registered entities effectivey don't pay GST. As
> this is a product aimed more towards the business market it makes
> perfect sense to price it exc-GST
>


Only if you re-sell the product.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Greene
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
On Thu, 25 May 2006 19:51:19 +1200, Tony
<(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:

>Ray Greene wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a spam filtering service? We're getting a few spams at
>> work these days and users aren't happy.

>
>If you want a serious solution that just works -
>
>http://safenz.net/safenz-dns-email.pdf
>
>This system pre-filters everything for your domain and can be set up in
>hours with no changes at your end except your DNS. It is over 99%
>effective.
>
>** shameless plug as I built it **


Thanks Tony, I like an unbiased opinion
I'll check it out.

--
Ray Greene
 
Reply With Quote
 
thingy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
Philip wrote:
> Tony wrote:
>
>> Ray Greene wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a spam filtering service? We're getting a few
>>> spams at
>>> work these days and users aren't happy.

>>
>>
>> If you want a serious solution that just works -
>>
>> http://safenz.net/safenz-dns-email.pdf
>>
>> This system pre-filters everything for your domain and can be set up
>> in hours with no changes at your end except your DNS. It is over 99%
>> effective.
>>
>> ** shameless plug as I built it **
>>
>>
>>>
>>> Death2Spam has been suggested but I'd like to get some other opinions as
>>> well.
>>>

>
> Looks good, but. Why do you quote prices ex-GST? Do you have any
> customers that don't pay GST?
>
> Personally I would reintroduce hanging, quartering and flogging at the
> cart's tail for any company that ever quotes prices ex-GST. It stinks,
> and the smell pollutes your business.
>
> Philip


What rubbish.

The main thing is to have companies CLEARLY state prices are not
including GST, which reading the PDF this site/offering does.

regards

Thing

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Greene
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
On Fri, 26 May 2006 06:07:10 +1200, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 25 May 2006 16:30:23 +1200, Ray Greene wrote:
>
>> Can anyone recommend a spam filtering service? We're getting a few spams at
>> work these days and users aren't happy.
>>
>> Death2Spam has been suggested but I'd like to get some other opinions as
>> well.

>
>Depends on your setup. Try www.firetrust.org if you run sendmail, qmail or
>exchange servers, or the desktop version is at www.firetrust.com.
>
>Kiwi too!


Thanks Steve, I'm looking into it. We run a different mail server so I'm not
sure how well it will work.

-
Ray Greene.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
ffective.
>>
>> ** shameless plug as I built it **

>
> Thanks Tony, I like an unbiased opinion
> I'll check it out.
>


, that's why I didn't hide the fact. I find business works a lot more
smoothly when there is nothing to hide.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[OT] spam filtering service Hendrik Maryns Java 0 10-31-2007 11:06 AM
great spam filtering service - SpamMX.com freds@interkey.net Computer Information 4 11-11-2004 10:48 PM



Advertisments