Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > The Telecom parody has been removed

The Telecom parody has been removed

-=rjh=-

from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to somebody
else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.

The file is about 3.5MB

It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
locations on YouTube.

Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:

"This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
because its content was used without permission"

but they've left their other unauthorised advertising online.

Crains

-=rjh=- wrote:
> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it
> expires.
> The file is about 3.5MB
>
> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
> locations on YouTube.
>
> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
>
> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
> because its content was used without permission"
>
> but they've left their other unauthorised advertising online.

haha Just let them try and stop the internet
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2411&q=telecom

Nova

Crains wrote:
> -=rjh=- wrote:
>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
>> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it
>> expires.
>> The file is about 3.5MB
>>
>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
>> locations on YouTube.
>>
>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
>>
>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
>> because its content was used without permission"
>>
>> but they've left their other unauthorised advertising online.

> haha Just let them try and stop the internet
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2411&q=telecom

I hadn't seen that, but that is just classic..

joe_90

-=rjh=- wrote:
> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to somebody
> else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
>
> The file is about 3.5MB
>
> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
> locations on YouTube.
>
> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
>
> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
> because its content was used without permission"

There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
censorship. I hope it is not true.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

Who Me

joe_90 wrote:
> -=rjh=- wrote:
>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
>> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
>>
>> The file is about 3.5MB
>>
>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
>> locations on YouTube.
>>
>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
>>
>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
>> because its content was used without permission"

> There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
> messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
> rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
> censorship. I hope it is not true.
>
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

Its still available on google video
go to http://video.google.com/ and search for telecom
If you want to save a copy as AVI this site shows you how
http://aikaterna.livejournal.com/317.html

Who Me

Vista

"joe_90" <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in message
> -=rjh=- wrote:
>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to somebody
>> else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
>>
>> The file is about 3.5MB
>>
>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
>> locations on YouTube.
>>
>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
>>
>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
>> because its content was used without permission"

> There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
> messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
> rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
> censorship. I hope it is not true.
>
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

If they still had a news server, they may do it for that too. However I very
much doubt they would be dropping messages, as I doubt they have the
technology to do it.

Eric Stevens

On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:39:29 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Crains wrote:
>> -=rjh=- wrote:
>>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
>>> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it
>>> expires.
>>> The file is about 3.5MB
>>>
>>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
>>> locations on YouTube.
>>>
>>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
>>>
>>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
>>> because its content was used without permission"
>>>
>>> but they've left their other unauthorised advertising online.

>> haha Just let them try and stop the internet
>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2411&q=telecom
>>

>I hadn't seen that, but that is just classic..

Is it entirely coincidence that my download speed suddenly dropped to
a level where the advertisement is almost entirely unintelligible?

How do I know the speed has dropped? See http://www.dumeter.com/

Eric Stevens

TKKGHCMT

"-=rjh=-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to somebody
> else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
>
> The file is about 3.5MB
>
> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
> locations on YouTube.

Download the AVI file from:
http://vp.video.google.com/videodown...TUD6rNqgE0x4Z-
_o4b0Ctoi9C8WDtck5tSI0J60f4J_oNZtA96uXSTgin5dYoblt 10Agp2fjnksq4HvCOiE_3lrW7C
orl_PpzD2Fe_k3kzCW
L9l5mKhb03Wn5Jddm6AT2h5dHKC9dOWk8B1APeo0ahaygR7FPA ewb45iIlPMX-
_qYOAwKefVLbhdgxzrev3zWzMrnAIx0lEl95d47hER3DBUCM7o vPI3FjAK0n0fFkvl-
TyQK02EyZwLRn4WHubB3g&sigh=LbICfWNBVi0os-T787p9LezhI6M&begin=0&len=96057&doc
id=-
1208045826218352411

( or: http://tinyurl.com/f3xem )

-=rjh=-

joe_90 wrote:
> -=rjh=- wrote:
>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
>> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
>>
>> The file is about 3.5MB
>>
>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
>> locations on YouTube.
>>
>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
>>
>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
>> because its content was used without permission"

> There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
> messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
> rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
> censorship. I hope it is not true.
>
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

Seems unlikely but easy enough to prove.

-=rjh=-

Who Me wrote:
> joe_90 wrote:
>> -=rjh=- wrote:
>>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
>>> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
>>>
>>> The file is about 3.5MB
>>>
>>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
>>> locations on YouTube.
>>>
>>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
>>>
>>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner
>>> Telecom because its content was used without permission"

>> There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are
>> dropping messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just
>> be a nasty rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's
>> and net censorship. I hope it is not true.
>>
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

> Its still available on google video
> go to http://video.google.com/ and search for telecom
> If you want to save a copy as AVI this site shows you how
> http://aikaterna.livejournal.com/317.html

Or install the Firefox extension that works with almost all the video
sites

how to know EJB has been removed Tiwkiz Java 0 01-16-2007 07:10 PM
Telecom Parody Who Me NZ Computing 0 05-24-2006 09:59 AM
retreiving data from HD which has been removed Frank Thompson Computer Support 1 08-18-2005 12:20 PM
Has the spyware been removed from MS Media Player 9? Full Name: Computer Security 6 12-11-2003 09:29 AM

Advertisments