Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Slingshot problems over the last few days

Reply
Thread Tools

Slingshot problems over the last few days

 
 
Vista
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006
Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
their own website was down.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
AssPacket
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006
Vista wrote:
> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
> their own website was down.
>
>



That domain has no DNS that's why it doesn't load!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
AssPacket
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006
Vista wrote:
> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
> their own website was down.
>
>



Looks like it's working again now, maybe bad juju?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Vista
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006

"AssPacket" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1148275159.809448@ftpsrv1...
> Vista wrote:
>> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
>> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with
>> slingshot, and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday,
>> as was noted by a previous poster. Their network status has shown no
>> problems, even when their own website was down.

>
>
> Looks like it's working again now, maybe bad juju?


I can load it through other ISPs, just not slingshot. It isn't the only
website I have had trouble with either, so there is something not right on
slingshots network.


 
Reply With Quote
 
AssPacket
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006
Vista wrote:
> "AssPacket" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1148275159.809448@ftpsrv1...
>> Vista wrote:
>>> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
>>> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with
>>> slingshot, and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday,
>>> as was noted by a previous poster. Their network status has shown no
>>> problems, even when their own website was down.

>>
>> Looks like it's working again now, maybe bad juju?

>
> I can load it through other ISPs, just not slingshot. It isn't the only
> website I have had trouble with either, so there is something not right on
> slingshots network.
>
>



What are the other sites you're having trouble with?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006
Vista wrote:
> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
> their own website was down.
>
>


Works fine on SafeNZ.net
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kris Kirk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006
Vista wrote:
> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
> their own website was down.


Yeah I'm with Slingshot and I can access that site....

 
Reply With Quote
 
Vista
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006

"Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Vista wrote:
>> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
>> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with
>> slingshot,
>> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted
>> by
>> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
>> their own website was down.

>
> Yeah I'm with Slingshot and I can access that site....
>


Yes it is working now for me too.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Kris Kirk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006
Vista wrote:
> I can load it through other ISPs, just not slingshot. It isn't the only
> website I have had trouble with either, so there is something not right on
> slingshots network.


I've been getting the following error when accessing Yahoo Mail
(mail.yahoo.com) occasionally:

Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
[code=DNS_TIMEOUT] A DNS lookup error occurred because the request
timed out during the lookup.

Only started happening a few months ago when I switched from Orcon to
Slingshot.

Wonder if these problems are related?

Kris

 
Reply With Quote
 
Vista
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2006

"Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Vista wrote:
>> I can load it through other ISPs, just not slingshot. It isn't the only
>> website I have had trouble with either, so there is something not right
>> on
>> slingshots network.

>
> I've been getting the following error when accessing Yahoo Mail
> (mail.yahoo.com) occasionally:
>
> Gateway Timeout
> The following error occurred:
> [code=DNS_TIMEOUT] A DNS lookup error occurred because the request
> timed out during the lookup.
>
> Only started happening a few months ago when I switched from Orcon to
> Slingshot.
>
> Wonder if these problems are related?
>
> Kris
>


I was getting similar problems with Amazon and Godaddy, but it seems to be
better tonight.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems with SIPGATE over last few weeks RobinDB UK VOIP 2 11-15-2012 02:25 PM
What a bunch of crap Slingshot has been for the last few days and still is E. Scrooge NZ Computing 3 11-15-2008 01:46 PM
From Network World: Last few days to enter to win Cisco Press'Firewall Fundamentals book careercrazy Cisco 0 01-25-2008 07:15 PM
AIOE News Server - Connection problems over last few days? Alan NZ Computing 6 08-10-2006 07:59 AM
Last few days of the DPNow digital camera design and preferences survey Digital Photography Now Digital Photography 0 05-31-2005 08:22 AM



Advertisments