Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Telecoms faster-cheaper plans.

Telecoms faster-cheaper plans.

Jedmeister

2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).

The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
she did a line test and said the line looked ok.

Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
for a telecom technician to do some work.

I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
the house), but none of it increased my line speed.

So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!

Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.

I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
never have been moved to the new high speed plan.

Damn telecom!!!

shannon

Jedmeister wrote:
> 2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
> 2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).
>
> The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
> the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
> she did a line test and said the line looked ok.
>
> Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
> adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
> for a telecom technician to do some work.
>
> I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
> the house), but none of it increased my line speed.
>
> So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
> csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
> yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
> these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!
>
> Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
> i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.
>
> I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
> never have been moved to the new high speed plan.
>
> Damn telecom!!!

Its all in the last line here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg

Seagull

"Jedmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
> 2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).
>
> The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
> the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
> she did a line test and said the line looked ok.
>
> Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
> adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
> for a telecom technician to do some work.
>
> I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
> the house), but none of it increased my line speed.
>
> So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
> csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
> yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
> these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!
>
> Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
> i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.
>
> I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
> never have been moved to the new high speed plan.
>
> Damn telecom!!!

Did you check what your upload speed will be on the new plan?

And take a look at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg
You might feel a bit better.
--
Seagull

Jedmeister

HILARIOUS!!!

GraB

On Mon, 22 May 2006 11:55:34 +1200, shannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jedmeister wrote:
>> 2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
>> 2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).
>>
>> The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
>> the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
>> she did a line test and said the line looked ok.
>>
>> Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
>> adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
>> for a telecom technician to do some work.
>>
>> I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
>> the house), but none of it increased my line speed.
>>
>> So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
>> csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
>> yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
>> these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!
>>
>> Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
>> i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.
>>
>> I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
>> never have been moved to the new high speed plan.
>>
>> Damn telecom!!!
>>

>Its all in the last line here
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg

Very Good. But normally I can save a SWF file and can play it later
but I can't with this one. There is a 13Kb swf file and a 3,343Kb FLV
file which I asume is part of it, but neither the browser nor
SWFOpener will play it.

shannon

GraB wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2006 11:55:34 +1200, shannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Jedmeister wrote:
>>> 2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
>>> 2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).
>>>
>>> The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
>>> the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
>>> she did a line test and said the line looked ok.
>>>
>>> Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
>>> adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
>>> for a telecom technician to do some work.
>>>
>>> I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
>>> the house), but none of it increased my line speed.
>>>
>>> So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
>>> csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
>>> yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
>>> these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!
>>>
>>> Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
>>> i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.
>>>
>>> I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
>>> never have been moved to the new high speed plan.
>>>
>>> Damn telecom!!!
>>>

>> Its all in the last line here
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg

> Very Good. But normally I can save a SWF file and can play it later
> but I can't with this one. There is a 13Kb swf file and a 3,343Kb FLV
> file which I asume is part of it, but neither the browser nor
> SWFOpener will play it.

For me It Just Works

Aaron Lawrence

On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
Jedmeister exclaimed:
> So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
> csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
> yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
> these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!

Exactly the same thing happened to us. Weeks after it was supposed to
happen, I contacted their help desk, and they claimed that we had been
"sidegraded" to a plan with the same speed.

Despite an earlier email saying we would be upgraded to the new high
speed plan.

I'm quite curious to see what we were charged for ...

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

Jedmeister

Well, I am on the new plan now (at least it says so in their billing
system), but my actual speed hasn't increased yet

Ah, maybe if I reset my modem

Nik Coughlin

GraB wrote:
>> Its all in the last line here
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg

> Very Good. But normally I can save a SWF file and can play it later
> but I can't with this one. There is a 13Kb swf file and a 3,343Kb FLV
> file which I asume is part of it, but neither the browser nor
> SWFOpener will play it.

VLC will play it

TelecomsTrader - VoIP and Telecoms Forum sales@txtelcom.com VOIP 0 09-15-2006 10:11 AM
Telecoms 99.999% uptime guarantee. Dave - Dave.net.nz NZ Computing 18 09-25-2005 01:52 AM
Telecoms advice if your adsl is going slowly... news.xtra.co.nz NZ Computing 2 08-16-2005 11:25 PM
Telecoms churn fee samg NZ Computing 14 10-14-2004 10:28 AM
Telecoms 10gig cap and speed limiting Jed Meisterdude NZ Computing 6 10-12-2004 10:39 AM

Advertisments