Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > BBC unreachable

Reply
Thread Tools

BBC unreachable

 
 
Nho Whei
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2006
I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
? www.bbc.co.uk ?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
shannon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2006
Nho Whei wrote:
> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?


same on paradise
It was working a couple of hours ago though
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nho Whei
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2006
On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:23:48 +1200, shannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nho Whei wrote:
>> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
>> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
>> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?

>
>same on paradise
>It was working a couple of hours ago though

Phew. Thought it was something I'd done, frigging around with
Fasterfox preferences.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Philip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2006
Nho Whei wrote:
> On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:23:48 +1200, shannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Nho Whei wrote:
>>> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
>>> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
>>> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?

>> same on paradise
>> It was working a couple of hours ago though

> Phew. Thought it was something I'd done, frigging around with
> Fasterfox preferences.


Working well at Orcon.

Philip
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nho Whei
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2006
On Sat, 20 May 2006 17:16:09 +1200, Philip <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Nho Whei wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:23:48 +1200, shannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Nho Whei wrote:
>>>> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
>>>> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
>>>> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?
>>> same on paradise
>>> It was working a couple of hours ago though

>> Phew. Thought it was something I'd done, frigging around with
>> Fasterfox preferences.

>
>Working well at Orcon.
>
>Philip

and now OK here. Hmmmm.
Wonder whether it was a worldwide outage.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nho Whei
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2006
On Sat, 20 May 2006 18:07:49 +1200, Nho Whei <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 20 May 2006 17:16:09 +1200, Philip <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Nho Whei wrote:
>>> On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:23:48 +1200, shannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Nho Whei wrote:
>>>>> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
>>>>> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
>>>>> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?
>>>> same on paradise
>>>> It was working a couple of hours ago though
>>> Phew. Thought it was something I'd done, frigging around with
>>> Fasterfox preferences.

>>
>>Working well at Orcon.
>>
>>Philip

>and now OK here. Hmmmm.
>Wonder whether it was a worldwide outage.

In fact - I'm still having probs. Seems a bit haphazzard still.
Wundrin' now whether the site is under a dos attack or somesuch..
 
Reply With Quote
 
TyphoonTycoon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2006
On Sat, 20 May 2006 15:55:16 +1200, Nho Whei wrote:

> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?


Seems Access is intermittent. When browsing the site, Sometimes I can get
a page to load up almost immediately while other times, my browser either
sits on "waiting for bbc.co.uk" or fails to connect at all.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Nho Whei
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2006
On Sat, 20 May 2006 19:36:11 +1200, TyphoonTycoon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 May 2006 15:55:16 +1200, Nho Whei wrote:
>
>> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
>> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
>> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?

>
>Seems Access is intermittent. When browsing the site, Sometimes I can get
>a page to load up almost immediately while other times, my browser either
>sits on "waiting for bbc.co.uk" or fails to connect at all.

No mention of it though on any of the uk.media.bbc newsgroups.
Still a bit unsure whether its just local to nz.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter Huebner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?
>


I use http://news.bbc.co.uk
usually very good, sometimes gets a bit patchy, presumably when they do
maintenance. No probs noted at all today by me.

cheers, -Peter

--
=========================================
firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Routing issue Net Unreachable David Culliton Cisco 0 11-10-2004 08:43 PM
Re: unreachable statements Jacob Java 2 08-16-2004 03:58 PM
edonkey2000 unreachable mewthree Computer Support 2 06-16-2004 06:41 AM
Cisco Student VPN exercise problem : gen_unrfrag: fail to generate unreachable, unexpected args robert Cisco 0 06-02-2004 07:33 PM
Destination Unreachable when trying SMTP from behind a PIX 501 MyndPhlyp Cisco 12 12-16-2003 09:27 PM



Advertisments