Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Slingshot Website down or wiped out by Telecom's lawyers perhaps?

Slingshot Website down or wiped out by Telecom's lawyers perhaps?

E. Scrooge

Wonder if it has anything to do withe very modest and humble <cough cough>
CEO of Slingshot after the top job at Telecom?

Considering that Slingshort doesn't provide full internet services without
using ihug's news server Presley's dream of being the CEO of Telecom is a
bit of a joke.

Hardly very qualified compared to the CEOs of Vodefone and Telstra, not even
in the same league.

A better idea would be to make Susan Wood the CEO of Telecom and the very
modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up program 5
nights a week.

E. Scrooge

Chris Hope

*sling wrote:

> Wonder if it has anything to do withe very modest and humble <cough
> cough> CEO of Slingshot after the top job at Telecom?
>
> Considering that Slingshort doesn't provide full internet services
> without using ihug's news server Presley's dream of being the CEO of
> Telecom is a bit of a joke.
>
> Hardly very qualified compared to the CEOs of Vodefone and Telstra,
> not even in the same league.
>
> A better idea would be to make Susan Wood the CEO of Telecom and the
> very modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up
> program 5 nights a week.

Slingshot website working fine here.

E. Scrooge

"Chris Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> *sling wrote:
>
>> Wonder if it has anything to do withe very modest and humble <cough
>> cough> CEO of Slingshot after the top job at Telecom?
>>
>> Considering that Slingshort doesn't provide full internet services
>> without using ihug's news server Presley's dream of being the CEO of
>> Telecom is a bit of a joke.
>>
>> Hardly very qualified compared to the CEOs of Vodefone and Telstra,
>> not even in the same league.
>>
>> A better idea would be to make Susan Wood the CEO of Telecom and the
>> very modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up
>> program 5 nights a week.

> Slingshot website working fine here.
>
> --
> Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
the other day.

E. Scrooge

Enkidu

E. Scrooge wrote:
> "Chris Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>*sling wrote:
>>

>>>Wonder if it has anything to do withe very modest and humble <cough
>>>cough> CEO of Slingshot after the top job at Telecom?
>>>
>>>Considering that Slingshort doesn't provide full internet services
>>>without using ihug's news server Presley's dream of being the CEO of
>>>Telecom is a bit of a joke.
>>>
>>>Hardly very qualified compared to the CEOs of Vodefone and Telstra,
>>>not even in the same league.
>>>
>>>A better idea would be to make Susan Wood the CEO of Telecom and the
>>>very modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up
>>>program 5 nights a week.

>>Slingshot website working fine here.
>>
>>--
>>Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
> the other day.

Simple explanation - you've been blacklisted.

Cheers,

Cliff

Chris Hope

*sling wrote:

> "Chris Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> *sling wrote:
>>
>>> Wonder if it has anything to do withe very modest and humble <cough
>>> cough> CEO of Slingshot after the top job at Telecom?
>>>
>>> Considering that Slingshort doesn't provide full internet services
>>> without using ihug's news server Presley's dream of being the CEO of
>>> Telecom is a bit of a joke.
>>>
>>> Hardly very qualified compared to the CEOs of Vodefone and Telstra,
>>> not even in the same league.
>>>
>>> A better idea would be to make Susan Wood the CEO of Telecom and the
>>> very modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up
>>> program 5 nights a week.

>> Slingshot website working fine here.

> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked
> fine the other day.

Still working fine here.

Kris Kirk

E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
> the other day.

I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

E. Scrooge

"Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
>> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
>> the other day.

> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through one
of the other pages instead of the homepage.

It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
page.

E. Scrooge

TKKGHCMT

> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through one
> of the other pages instead of the homepage.
>
> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
> page.

See if you can access it using a proxy server.

David

On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:02:52 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

> "Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
>>> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
>>> the other day.

>> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through one
> of the other pages instead of the homepage.
>
> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
> page.
>
> E. Scrooge

Can access
http://www.slingshot.co.nz/DesktopDe...ndex=0&tabid=1 from
Paradise at 10:28pm

David

E. Scrooge

news:cydd3nwmrfza$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:02:52 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:
>
>> "Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>>
>>> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

>> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
>> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
>> one
>> of the other pages instead of the homepage.
>>
>> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
>> page.
>>
>> E. Scrooge

> Can access
> http://www.slingshot.co.nz/DesktopDe...ndex=0&tabid=1 from
> Paradise at 10:28pm
>
> David

Thanks, but I can't get that to load either.
I've only just truned the PC back on. The TIF folder was cleaned out for a
fresh start at it, still got the same message cannot display page.

E. Scrooge